let's rewrite that story's ending

" why is it like that , nee-san?"

shinobu looked heartbrokenly down at her little sister, kanao, who was crying violently over a fairy tale.

"a-ariel turned into seafoam! an-and the prince married someone else! she was suppose to be in that pretty bride dress!" kanao shouted while vigorously rubbing her eyes.

"kanao." shinobu removed kanao's hand from her face slowly and smiled down softly at her.

"why don't you rewrite the ending then?"

"h-huh?"

"if you don't like the ending, then just rewrite it! ariel dies?? psssft! scratch that! she'll marry the prince and they both live happily ever after!" shinobu said energetically,while ruffling her sister's hair.  kanao smiled widely at her sister's response and started nodding aggressively.

A/N: kanao is really young in my story, maybe like 6? 7? tanjiro and others too,,,they'll appear later on,,probably.

"but nee-san, why are you dressed up so pretty today?" kanao asked, her big eyes looking up to shinobu.

"a-ah! um...im going out with my friend today!" shinobu replied half-heartedly. she didn't know what she was going to say. a date? a hang out? as friends?

g

tapping on his heels, giyuu waits impatiently for the familiar figure. he even more impatient when some nurses who past by him stares at him and giggle. he always find it so embarassing and annoying like he can't breathe, since he's always under someone's stares.

then he saw her. she was wearing a thick sweater dress with long sleeves. she looked beautiful and he smiled softly at the sight of her. but his smile faded when he saw her face. she seemed terrified. she kept looking back while clutching on to herself tight.

"what's wrong, kochou?" he asked worriedly. she shot him a look, her face was trembling in fear and she clutched on to his arm tightly and stood behind him. giyuu was confused, but he let her clutch on to him to feel safe.

"shinobu-chan~~" a blonde guy appears after shinobu. at the sight of him, giyuu could feel shinobu's grip on him tighten.

"eh?? who's this?" the stranger pointed at giyuu. giyuu frowned. no doubt this person is making her feel unsafe.

"douma, can you go away? i'm on a...on a..." shinobu hesitated, her grip on giyuu getting tighter and tighter, not realising it was hurting him, since her nails were digging into his skin.

douma....douma.....

giyuu took a glance at this stranger who looks lovingly at kochou, his eyebrow furrowing at his familiar name.

the answer was so distant.

that upper moon two douma absorbed shinobu-sama!

giyuu clenched his fist. this is it. this is the guy who killed shinobu in their previous life time. the person who took her away from him. and he's not going to let him hurt her again. in this lifetime, while she is still alive and happy.

"sir, please leave before i call the police. you're making her uncomfortable."

"eh? and who are you to my shinobu-chan? her friend? for your infor-"

"let's go!" giyuu hand was yanked by shinobu as she whispered and his whole body was practically being dragged by her.

they ran and ran and ran til they were by the roadside in the middle of no where. though to giyuu, it looked familiar.

"...he's my ex-date. i went on a date with him and it was horrible. i told him off and i think he's a sadist, becaus he started to stalk me around asking me on another date and claims he's in love with me." shinobu let go and confessed quietly.

giyuu stared at her. he didn't know what to say and the appropriate words to. but he knew just what to do.

he pulled her gently by the wrist and guided her to the restaurant near the road they were on. his favourite restaurant to go.

kaburamaru's restaurant.

A/N : y'all im so hyped for the next chapter bc i'll be bringing up some other hashira's and you alrdy know who👀