let's start from the beginning

"i'll start first then."

" i'm 21. I have two siblings, one older and the other one is kanao. I love insects." shinobu proudly declared.

giyuu just nods. shinobu blinks to let him know it's his turn.

"23. just makomo. salmon daikon." giyuu slowly answers, not looking at her.

"ara? tomioka-san is a man of few words only huh?" shinobu rests her arm that was supporting her head on the table and gives a teasing look to giyuu. she already knew that he didn't like talking, but she wanted to get along with him by making him talk more.

 she already knew that he didn't like talking, but she wanted to get along with him by making him talk more

attempting a comeback, giyuu looks up suddenly, startling shinobu a bit. then, their eyes met. shinobu's smile slowly dropss as his eyes widen. he met those dark purple ones as she meet the deep blues. they were staring into each other eyes, not looking away at all. to him, those dark purple eyes brought so much sorrow of the past. he wasn't used to this pair of eyes. this pair of eyes felt alive, and it radiates happiness and warmth, unlike the ones he used to stare into. to her, his eyes felt like the calm sea on the surface, but the pain and the hurt could be seen through them, crystal clear like water.

giyuu blinks. realising they were both staring into each other's eyes for quite some time. they both flinched and looked down at the tatami floor to recollected themselves. shinobu, trying to save the awkward tension, suggested a random topic.

"d-do you usually fetch makomo? it's my first time seeing you there at the kindergarten." shinobu asks, she's been wanting to ask this for quite some time.

" no, i work. my friend sabito usually fetches her and she stays at his house until 8."

"friend?" shinobu said with a teasing tone and pokes his arm.

my fingers hurt from poking. this is not how its suppose to be.

giyuu looks away and didn't answer. the suffocating silence was back again.

shinobu has another topic in mind. a not-so good one.

"tomioka-san, i see that you have quite a muscular look, when do you even find the time to go to the gym?" shinobu was back on her track again, smiling gently at giyuu, though she find it hard to just ignore the thumping on her chest.

"i train at home." he quietly whispers, recalling those tiresome weekends of him doing the same demon slaying training even after 100 years later.

shinobu had an idea. a very, very bad idea.

"care to show me?"

she already regretted the moment her voice projected out loud.

giyuu raises his eyebrows in confusion, but he didn't say anything. he blinks a bit, and hesitantly nodded.

shinobu sighs in relief , she wouldn't know what to do with the embarrassment if he rejected her immoral idea.

"wait." he got up from his seat and walked towards his room. shinobu waits anxiously.