for i believe you

"tomioka-san, i'm surprised. you're quite a good cook." shinobu speaks as she chews on the honey wrapped pancake.

he'd be a great husband someday.

i did not just think that.

"mhmm! nii-san the bwest!" makomo , who was sitting beside shinobu and kanao, shouted while she was chewing.

"it's delicious." kanao shyly said, unlike makomo, she had more table manners.

"makomo, eat slowly." tomioka walks over to the table and sat down crossed leg.

the silence was back again as the sounds of metal clashing against the plates, yet it was comforting.

they quickly finished up.

"nii-san, we go plwayroom again!" makomo instantly got up and dragged kanao with her.

"huh? wait.." giyuu reached out to stop her, since she had a little honey stain on her mouth, but she already ran away.

this time, an uncomfortable awkward silence.

"tomioka-san, does that belong to me?" shinobu suddenly speaks in the middle of the silence.

tomioka looks up at what shinobu was pointing at. the katana, the poisoned katana. he turns to her wide-eyed.

"i mean like the you know, me , 100 years ago?? or something??" shinobu asks while pointing to herself.

giyuu looks suspiciously at shinobu and nodded. he got up from his seat and took the katana to her.

"this used to belong to you."

"woah. this is pretty heavy." shinobu slowly examines the katana. she then unsheathe it.

"don't." seeing her actions, giyuu immediately closed the katana back. shinobu looks at him furrowed-brow.

"there's poison inside. you used to fight with poison."

"oh wow, i dont know how you guys used to kill demons back then, but i would say im pretty badass using poison." shinobu laughed abit, still examining the katana carefully.

"also, wouldn't the poision dried up already? you yourself said it was 100 years ago. wouldn't the poision dried up already?"

"....make sense." giyuu turned and looked away, while a satisfied shinobu unsheathes the katana again.

" why do you still keep this?"

"......you...i mean she was...my...friend."

a lie.

a easily seen through one.

shinobu doesn't say anything, as she looks at the fidgeting finger and recalls what kanae said to her.

he loved this woman after her death.

her heart clenches. she finds it somewhat hurtful that she's getting his attention just because she looked like the woman he loved a 100 years ago.

"...how are you so...unfazed about the whole thing..?" giyuu asks, while she continued to admire the odd shape and color of the katana.

"because i don't have a reason to not believe you."

giyuu froze a little at her response.

true. she actually don't have a reason to. she don't have a reason to believe him either. but she chose to.

he stared abit at the girl slowly swinging the katana around.

" also, i don't think lying about such a thing would benefit a 23 year old grown adult whose a DOCTOR himself." shinobu slightly rasies her voice to emphasize the phrase.