have we, perhaps, met before?

shinobu stared at the gorgeous man in front of her, without him noticing of course. well, it's not like giyuu COULD notice. he was too engulfed in smilingly creepily at the menu.

i...i think i made a mistake going out with him.

shinobu gulped. she makes up some courage and asks.

"a-ara! tomioka-san, why are you smiling menacingly at the menu?" shinobu asked with a sarcastic tone, hoping to not sound intimidated. she leans over the table hoping to take a peek at the menu he was so fixated on.

"oh, this." giyuu turned his menu around for shinobu to see. his finger was pointing at a picture. shinobu took a closer look. salmon daikon.

this, this man, no, this CHILD, in front of her, has sparkling eyes fixated on her while pointing on a picture of salmon daikon. shinobu supresses her giggle.

and also how she finds that cute. a litttttllle cute. a little.

"ara, tomioka-san likes salmon daikon?" shinobu asks while smiling at him.

thump.

he eats it all the time.

shinobu froze. that thought. just now. was not her.

no IT WAS HER. but at the same time, it wasn't her. it was like someone invaded her mind for a second and made her think that.

i must be going insane.

shinobu shook her head slightly, not realising giyuu was staring at her with confusion this whole time. she looked up afterwards and simply brushed it off saying she felt abit of a headache.

"ah! let's order some food!" shinobu quickly recollected herself and picked up the menu by the table.

"t-there's no more...salmon d-daikon?" giyuu looks up at the chef desperately with a sad look in his face. his grip on the menu gets tighter and tighter until shinobu could see lines forming on it. he was crumbling menu to compensate for his lost of salmon daikon.

s-such a child!

"...tch...i mean we do have some left, but you'll need to wait-" the masked-chef scratched his nape nervously as he explains.

"i'll take it! and i'll pay twice the amount!" without hesitaton, giyuu gave the menu to iguro and looked up to him like some hero come alive.

"a-ah..okay." iguro awkwardly took the menu from giyuu's hands and walked away.

"...sorr-ry about t-that.." giyuu tries to explain himself while remaining a stoic expression , pretending to not see shinobu's puffed-up chipmunk face.

"pssft. pSSFT! t-tomi-oka-san r-eally l-kes sal-on dai-on h-huh?" shinobu placed a hand over her mouth and started to laugh into her palm. her words became stifled as she tried to talk between her breathless laughs. her other hand grips on to the corner of the table and the table shook slightly. giyuu stared on the table with embarassment.

"-careful!" giyuu shrieked quietly.

due to shinobu's shake on the table, the cup of water on the table fell over. but lucky enough, giyuu managed to catch it the last second before it falls to the ground, though he got some part of his clothes damped.

shinobu blinked. that was the fastest reaction she has ever seen.

upon realising what she caused, she reacted the next second.

"IM SO SORRY!" shinobu lowly shrieked while searching through her handbag for tissue, her tone filled with a little guilt and regret.

"it's fine."

shinobu looked up. she watches as giyuu pulls out a handkerchief from his pocket. the world nullified for her that moment, as she stares widen eye at the handkerchief.

that half-winged butterfly.

she clenches her fist, her nails digging into her palm.

that butterfly. half-winged butterfly. the one kanae talked about before...

he has it.

more specifically, the other half, that too,

was stained with a red splatter.

her eyes roamed around the fabric as she stares. this time, her mouth opens slightly. she saw it. she saw that weirdly sewn fabric in her dreams before. but it was much bigger, like a clothing, or a jacket. her eyes then landed on the male. he was placing his handkerchief on places that was damped with water, attempting to soak the water up.

i'm here. i'm you. please, i beg you, remem-

"here's your salmon daikon."

shinobu's world suddenly became to function normally again. she didn't know what happened. but she knew that was certainly not a dream. she heard that voice again. her voice, that belonged to someone else.

"..you said it would take a while..?"

"........it's free."

as shinobu came to her sense, she sees a figure walking towards the kitchen and a hot plate of salmon daikon infront of her. giyuu was smiling creepily at it.

thump.

"-please stop smiling creepily at your salmon daikon."

it's that voice again.

she couldn't handle the throbbing pain. shinobu slightly placed her hand on her chest as she speaks, she didn't want to worry him.

"ne, tomioka-san."

thump.

"have we, perhaps-"

thump.

"-met before?"

her question was unanswered when she heard the sound of metal clashing against the floor.

"kochou?"

thump.thump.thump.thump.thump.thump.

A/N : also there's important details that would be mentioned next chapter, so pleasee don't skip it or it's just going to bring a tonnnnn of confusion.

SKNSJSH i stayed up late to write this last night and wattpad CRASHED on me holy i was so scared