before we crash and fall, we make mistakes

s

if anything, shinobu noticed that the voice was no longer there anymore.

it's like it was asleep, shutting out the outside world.

that was kochou's first mistake. to shut herself up and not give a care about the current world.

but there was nothing she could do either. it's not like she could just wander into that void again to talk to herself from 100 years ago.

she slumps down by a bench outside the operation room after she sanitized her hands.

she stands up after a while, seeing a familar fogure come out from the operation room.

"i told you my antibiotic works magic right!" instantly, shinobu gained energy as she brags proudly to a tired giyuu.

"...yes shinobu...so amazing...wow...fantastic..." he sarcasticly replies.

"you-" just as shinobu was about to say an epic comeback, another doctor came up to them.

"oh! dr.tomioka! surprised to see you here today!" the doctor said while having a surprised expression on his face.

"why? he's a doctor..?" shinobu interrupts before giyuu could reply.

"HAHAHAHA! i see even your nurse don't know about today tomioka!" the doctor says again to the deadpanned tomioka.

"...it's fine...it's not a big deal." giyuu tiredly replies while yawning.

"okay then! have a great day!" the doctor then walked off, waving to both of them.

"what's he talking about??" curious, shinobu stops giyuu as she asks.

".....i'm 25......from today onwards." he replies quietly, looking down at her as she does so.

s

oh my god.

i fucking FORGOT!

INNER VOICE! SHINOBU KOCHOU! WHY DIDN'T YOU REMIND ME!

no response.

tch.

that was kochou's second mistake. because of her shutting herself up, she didn't know it was giyuu's birthday either.

"tomioka-san! gomen ne! i forgot about your birthday...but! since it's saturday...i'll treat you some salmon daikon!" she exclaims.

giyuu turns to her immediately.

"salmon daikon?" he excitedly asks, thought his face doesn't match his tone.

shinobu nods. she likes it when giyuu sounds excited, it's like one of the rare times he sounds like a normal human being. not a depressed person who has severe trauma and social issues.

"konichiwa!" shinobu raises her voice slightly as she sees a waiter, signalling her to find a table for them.

both giyuu and shinobu sits and orders their food.

well, more specifically, just salmon daikon.

"ara ara~ twenty five years and you're still obssessed with salmon daikon??" shinobu giggles a little as she watches him taps his finger impatiently, constantly looking around the chef's kitchen.

embarassed, giyuu turned back at her and pouts a little.

shinobu was a little surprised by his expression as he pouts.