oh, it's april already

she jolts awake.

shinobu stares at the pale white ceiling, unable to move around a lot. she tries to lift her hand, but it was futile. a red tube was injected inside her hand. she follows the red tube and saw him.

he was laying beside her with an oxygen mask attached to his nose and mouth, his face that couldn't get any paler, got paler.

it was like looking at giyuu's mother all over again.

it was a terrifying view. a silent yet loud beeping exhoes the room as she watches the oxygen mask cloud up and down. she sighs in relief when she saw the heart monitor at a normal rate.

shinobu closes her eyes , attempting to go back to sleep. but then, she felt a slight tug at her right hand.

almost immediately, she looks to her right again, and she met the calm eyes of his. his eyes widen as hers does too.

then they both smiled sofly, both giggling abit.

"you're alive." they both said in sync, and was followed by another soft smile.

"tomioka-san, do you want to swallow a thousand needles?" she asks, her tone calm.

"...no. why?" he stares in to space as he thinks, replying her as he does so.

"...then, keep both of our promises, okay?"

his eyes widen a little despite the fact that he was extremely tired, seemingly asking for an answer.

"it's complicated but...we're like...the same person now."

"real-"

"HELLO! HOW IS MY FAVOURITE COMA COUPLE DOING!" suddenly, the door swung open, revealing a black-haired man with a doctor's coat.

"koni-"

"AKAZA?" shocked, giyuu raises his voice as his eyebrows scrunches in high alert.

"??? who's that?? " surprised, akaza flinched a little and he was grabbing onto his white coat.

oh right...he doesn't have memories.

"...nothing." giyuu fidgets a little with his hands.

"OHHHH! but anyways! you guys slept for ONE AND A HALF MONTH! congratulations! i thought you guys were going to die as a couple but you were extremely lucky!" cheekily, he cracked a joke, though they both just stared at him, deadpanned.

but...he might just kill me if he remembers since tanjiro and i...killed him.

giyuu thought.

"a-ahem! anyways so...hello! i'm hakuji, your doctor who has been treating you both for the past month! hello! how are you?" he gave a wide smile at both of them.

hakuji...? must be his human name.

shocked once again by his overly friendly behaviour, giyuu doesn't answer and stares.

"uh...great..?" shinobu manages to squeeze out an answer, though it was awkward.

"but yes! again! you guys were extremely lucky, like NO JOKE. your chest was pierced, but somehow the ribs that it broke acted as a blockade and blocked the headlight that was going to penetrate into your heart!" he pointed at giyuu.

"on the other hand, you went into shock and didn't have a pulse for FIFTEEN minutes! we declared you dead but you SPRUNG back up to life when we were sending you to morgue! do you know how crazy is that?! do you know?!" wanting shinobu to be excited and happy, akaza made big gestures and winks at her a little, but in vain when she just smiles back.

"not...sprung up i guess...you just coughed out of the sudden and your pulse came back..." akaza scratched the back of head, realising how unfunny he was.

i...think i might like demon akaza better.

"i-i'll just go." then he left sheepishly.

"....what was that..?"

"no idea."

a

wow that couple just now was so rude! i swear i was at least a LITTLE funny!

seeing them together reminds me...i miss you, koyuki.

as he walks along the corridor , he takes out a crumbled piece of paper from his pocket.

he stared at it again. the yellow-crumbled little photograph of a woman wearing a pink kimono, smiling softly as she sits on the tatami floor.

he stops at the big window by the corridor, his hands still holding onto the photograph.

ah...it's already april.

he watches as cherry blossoms fall gracefully on the grass. under the tree, there was a long-haired patient in a wheelchair sitting there. though akaza couldn't see her face, he could tell she was staring at the tree.

hmm? i've never seen that patient before.

being a good doctor that he is, he carefully place the photograph back into his pocket as he walks towards the exit, hoping to give some help to the seemingly lost patient.

he goes closer and closer to the patient, noticing that they shivered a little. he cleared his throat, preparing to be overlyfriendly.

"HELLO! you must be cold! let's get inside! are you new....."

akaza's eyes widen as the woman turned her head to look at him. he swore on his life that the world slowed down at that moment as the cherry blossom fall around her. she turned her head gently as her hair was gently carried by the wind. she had a blue flower hairpin in her hair. her fingers pushing some of her hair behind her ear.

"ah...you found me, hakuji."

he continues to stand there, frozen. he roams her face features as his vision gets blurry.

"k-koyuki.....?"

"hello." she smiled softly back at him, raising her weak hand to wave a little.

g

giyuu smiles a little as he looks out to the window to the two figure under the cherry blossom. akaza was hugging onto the female patient as he kneeled on the ground. he was crying as she laughed a little and started to play with his hair.

i see. you also waited for someone for a hundred years hmm? akaza.

he turns back to shinobu again. but this time, she was sleeping.

月がほんとに綺麗ね。。。胡蝶.

A/N : AKAZA'S BACKSTORY MAKES ME CRY EVERY SINGLE TIME SO I JUST HAD TO ADD HIM and byw for context he only remembers koyuki which explains why he doesnt remember giyuu.