5- slip-ups

To be nobody but yourself

in a world which is doing its best day and night

to make you like everybody else

means to fight the hardest battle

which any human can fight and never stop fighting

- e.e. cummings

✵✵✵

It was scary how accustomed Elaine had already become to the antics of her roommates. 

As she woke up on Friday (this time at a more reasonable time), she made sure to tip-toe past Mary's bed, in order to not wake up the Blonde. She shot Luana a smile, as the girl was already sitting at her make-up table braiding her hair. 

Marlene, who had taken harbour in the massive closet that held the clothes of all five girls, was throwing out garments left and right, as she was searching for a hair band to complement her 'luscious locks'. 

Scariest was Lily Evans, as the prefect was sitting on her bed, completely clothed, reading a book about potions, as she was 'scared to fall behind'. 

Connerie. 

Elaine shook her head at her roommates, before getting ready in the bathroom while listening to the agonised cries of Mary, who definitely didn't want to get up yet. 

Merlin be thanked for Marlene, who had taken up on the pleasure of waking up the sleepy girl again. 

Mere minutes (a lot) later, the Gryffindor girls made their way down to breakfast. On the rather long walk Elaine and Luana found out that that both of them had grown up in quite similar surroundings, meaning that they were now convinced that their ways must have crossed more than once. 

"I'm telling you, Evan Rosier was the absolute worst! He always went around stealing toys! After he broke my pink wand, I begged my parents to leave Britain and never come back!", Elaine wheezed in laughter. 

"Have you met Bellatrix Black? that girl is an absolute lunatic and has always been! I thought she would kill me after I managed to spill pumpkin juice over her Christmas dress!", Luana exclaimed, hitting Elaine in the side. The two Gryffindors continued exchanging stories, until they reached the Gryffindor table, where their friends had already taken up seats. 

"And what are you two beauties laughing about?", Sirius asked, giving the two girls a flirtatious smile. 

"The day you were convinced that Gena Selwyn was a boy, played with her, then found out she was girl and threw yourself in the lake because you needed to get rid of her 'girly icky-bickies'", Elaine answered sassily, as Luana broke out in howling laughter next to her as she remembered the day multiple years ago. 

Sirius turned beet-red as he realised the story was actually true. "That is not what happened", he tried to save himself, only to be met by a pointed stare from Elaine. "How do you even know that? I am sure to have never met you at these gatherings", he tried to steer away from the topic. 

"Of course I was there. The Sauveurs may be a French family, but we still have a lot of ties to Britain. I spent most of my summers in Britain, before I went to Beauxbatons. Since then, not so much", Elaine explained, as she finally sat down at the table and started grabbing fruits for her breakfast.