Chapter 30

Goldenshine's POV

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather beneath the Highledge!"

Firestar's yowl was the first thing I heard when I woke up. I lifted my head up to see that the warriors den was nearly empty. I turned around and saw that dawn was long gone, and sunhigh was fast approaching.

Feeling quite well-rested, I was able to spring right out of my nest, take a stretch, and trot quickly out of the warriors den and into camp, where the cats of ThunderClan were already beginning to gather.

It was the morning after the battle; a full day since the battle had taken place. But thank StarClan, things were already beginning to look up.

Almost every cat was as fully recovered as they could be, considering the battle had only taken place yesterday. Many cats had been able to return to the warriors den throughout the night. It looked as if even Firestar had recovered quite quickly from losing his life. He had stayed in the medicine den all night, but apparently he felt well enough to call a Clan meeting!

I wonder how busy the medicine den is currently? I wondered. I decided to take a quick peek in their before the Clan meeting began. Scanning the camp and the gathering cats to make sure I had sufficient time, I ran quickly over to Jayfeather's den. As I was about to enter, I nearly bumped into another cat.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed before backing away. "Sorry about that!" I then shook my head quickly as I realized who I had almost ran into.

"Pippy!" I exclaimed happily, touching my nose to hers. "You're okay! Are you out of the medicine den for good?"

Pippy gave me a large smile and rolled her big green eyes. "Not for good, I'm sure!" She purred, looking down at her flank that had a fresh poultice rubbed on it. "They're letting me out for a bit, but I'm going to be back to see how this is doing soon enough!"

I let out a sigh of relief. "Well, I'm just glad that you're doing so much better already!" I mewed. "I... I was hoping your first battle wouldn't go to nothing..."

Pippy's gaze darkened as she looked down to the ground. "Me too..." then her eyes immediately lit back up. "But they didn't! At least I can say that I fought the hardest that I could!"

I smiled back at the former-kittypet. "That you can!" I meowed with a hint of laughter in my voice.

"Anyway, do you know what this Clan meeting is about?" Pippy asked, tilting her head.

Actually having no idea, I answered, "It could be a multitude of things! Dealing with the aftermath of the battle, probably."

"Well, whatever it is, I can't wait!" Pippy exclaimed, hopping up and down like a kit. "You coming?"

"Yeah! I was just going to check in on the medicine den really quickly."

"Okay! When you're done, come sit by me!"

"Sure thing!"

After giving Pippy a farewell nod, I slid into the medicine den to see what was going on. I felt a major wave of ease as I saw only a few cats left in nests. I also couldn't suppress a small smile as I saw Leafpool still working with Jayfeather.

I can't imagine poor Jayfeather dealing with a battle like this all by himself! I realized. Leafpool is such a lifesaver.

"How is everything going in here?" I asked, padding up to the two working cats.

"Hm. More annoying, now that you're here," Jayfeather muttered, rolling his blind eyes.

"We're just fine, Goldenshine. Thank you!" Leafpool purred, shooting Jayfeather a half annoyed, half humored glance. "We've appreciated your help."