• The Meeting •

"Shit shit SHIT!"

The old man clicked his tongue at his daughter use of words but knowing that she's an adult now, Mr Lee just brushed it off with a shake of head before continuing reading his newspaper while Venus zoomed around the house in dire search of her coat.

Being a single parent was a challenge especially when the woman in the parenting is gone and the magic she used to find things was taken with her as well and that led to Venus not having any luck with her brown trench coat as well as her vigorous use of language which surely would be shut down if her mother was still here.

Having to go through baskets and drawers, Venus decided to just grab her dad's coat which he often wear to lectures to end her misery of searching for her own.

She bounced off the stairs like spiderman and thanked god for not breaking her ankles. She dashed to the kitchen to grab her toast and took a huge bite before pecking her dad's cheeks and left some bread crumbs as well.

"Bye, dad!"

Mr Lee groaned out an annoyed bye while dusting off the bread crumbs from his wrinkled face. He wasn't scheduled for any classes today so the old man was granted a leisure day off on his couch along with his favorite tv show while his daughter went off on her first day of work.

Venus got into the back of a taxi and requested for a short cut ride to the hospital where she'll be starting her work. The clock was running faster than usual, maybe it was just her illusion since she was way behind time.

It didn't take long before she reach her destination and gave a handful of money, not caring about the changes, and got out of the taxi.

Her legs sprinted towards the sliding door of the white building but before she could even enter the hospital, her body crashed into something hard that caused the girl to fly back onto her butt. Venus winced when her butt landed on the concrete ground with a loud thud along with her bag and her dad's coat that probably shouldn't be sitting in the ground.

Today is sucking already....

Venus palmed her buttcheeks with a scrunched face as the stinging pain wasn't fading like she wished it would. When her eyes slowly opened, a hand came into her sight. She glanced up and saw a man with dark grey hair, hooded eyes and plump lips blankly staring at her.

She took his helping hand and got up since her butt with burning and probably bruised as well. She scanned the man from head to toe, surprised to see someone well-dressed in branded clothing visiting a psychology hospital.

Usually people who visits the building might not be in the best outfits since their minds were already crumbling so dressing up would be the last on their to-do list.

Venus snapped out of her trance when the reminder of her tardiness struck her like lightning, jolting her body and mind to get moving to chase time. She quickly bowed and mumbled 'sorry and thank you' before scurrying away.

However, the girl had forgotten her dad's precious coat that was still sitting on the ground without care. The man with dark grey hair was still in daze and slight pain from when a girl crashed into him like a wrecking ball. She was surely running at full speed.

"Sir, are you okay?"

His right hand man called out in concern after seeing a girl carelessly running into his boss. The man didn't answer him and picked up the coat on the ground which was carelessly left behind by the shirt. He felt something hard in one of the pockets and found that it was a name card with a lanyard.