•Leave•

The night came about as the darkness once again engulfed the farm. It was calm and peaceful in the barn with everyone minding their own business even though Venus was having a hard time being around or even just passing by Jimin as he worked on the plans.

To the man, it might be just a habitual thing for him to flirt around but for the girl, it was hard to swallow and resume her day as usual. As for Jonah, he have been wondering near the storage room, itching to check on his mom but each time he gets near the door, he felt the burning stares of Jimin who would appear out of nowhere. The man had given him a fierce warning of not opening that door but of course Venus would secretly crack the door open for him to peek in.

Jimin would just rolled his eyes at Venus and turned a blind eye on her before walking away. He was letting her get away with almost everything.

Tomorrow will be the day they're leaving and everyone was busying themselves for the leave. Jimin was fixing his dear Maserati and took great care of his weapons before loading them up while Jonah took interest in the luxurious car which he never seen one in real life. However, the boy wasn't quite interested in the big guns and long machetes in the trunk if the car so he moved away and decided to help Venus with the essentials.

The boy helped to pack the first aids and led Venus around the house where the essentials were kept. The girl let the boy pack as she cooked dinner for them. After preparing the food, she called them for dinner.

Jimin came in from the yard with a tired sigh after spending hours on that car of his. He plopped down onto the chair and took his glock out of his back pocket which he have been carrying around for safety purposes. He was about to place it on the table when he felt a stare from beside him.

He turned around and found Venus eyeing between him and the glock. He raised his brows at her as he placed it onto the table. Their eyes locked in dead silent, speaking through their gaze. It was like deja vu but this time she was holding the stare longer and harder as if she was trying to get him to listen.

Maybe, just maybe, she could cure him. Even in the midst of this outbreak, Venus still found the determination in curing Jimin though he might not be her client anymore since the world was in chaos and no law or paper is going to prove their status.

Then, Jimin rolled his jaw before slowly lifting the gun up and put it under his chair instead with his eyes still locked onto hers. He heavily leaned back and huffed before looking away. Frankly, he was surprised at himself for letting her eyes tell him what to do.

Did I just added another price to pay?

Venus blinked at herself. Jonah finally came to the table with a wide smile and thanked Venus for the meal before they all dug in.

"May I say goodbye to mama before she go?"

The boy whispered with his head lowered. The duo looked at each other in shock at Jonah's question. They were actually planning to somehow distract him or make up some white lies but it seemed like the boy knew they're going to kill his mom.

Jonah slowly glanced up with teary eyes and Venus' heart shattered at the sight. His lips slowly curved up as small tear left his eyes.

"I-I know it's for the best but I just want to say bye bye...."

Venus stood up and went to the boy before embracing him. Jonah sobbed into her neck as he clenched onto her shirt.

"Of course you can...."

Venus hummed into his soft hair as she struggled to hold her tears in. She found herself tearing up at the thought of her dad but she kept all emotions in like she always do and pulled away to look at Jonah.