16

„Firstly don't ever touch me, sleeping or not-„ we rushed down the staircase, King leading the way, both angry at each other for diverse reasons. My hand ached from the pain since this morning, but he didn't care, just continued to run down. „I didn't do it willingly and don't act all player-like to me, you hugged me, not the other way around."

„I did not!" he defended himself clearly forgetting how he squeezed the shit out of me like I'm his bear toy he needs to hold all night otherwise he won't be able to sleep. We went silent after that, him murmuring something to himself I didn't quiet catch when we came to an open kitchen.

„Where is Francis?" he worriedly asked a girl in white uniform who looked distraught by the whole speech thing directed to her. It's like she didn't expect someone to talk to her, ever, in this house and that made me pause a second. Were they really that bad?

„Mr. King, your mother arrived so he's helping her with some stuff arrangements." She spoke politely to him making me feel uncomfortable with all the family issues that happened here, clearly, since none wanted to get together in the same room. I took pity for King, a little, tinsy bit of pity but it soon left when he snorted in her face.

„Whatever, just go." she nodded her head and left us standing in the middle of such a good kitchen, I didn't really pay attention to anything else. I could so cook in this, all those freshly white and grey ormanents, all that weird, right out of the magazine stuff looked so welcoming. If I knew how to cook much, that is.

King passed the table where the girl stood before and my eyes caught a few bread slices and some buffet like cut up slices. My stomach grumbled since we only ate at my house last evening that we forgot to eat anything else being so tired from all those cat and mouse games we had on.

„We're not finished." He remembered our previous conversation and continued his way down the kitchen while I fascinatedly just stared at everything „Whatever. Want to cook something together?"

I didn't want to okay? But seeing all these food on that plate covered in silicone wrapping, I really really didn't want to eat that. I'm sure it's tasty but I'm not the kind of girl that gets satisfied eating bread in the morning. I'm more of an none eater in the morning, like I never eat when I wake up because it just doesn't feel like I should, my stomach doesn't need it right away since I do eat around eight o'clock in the night but today, I felt like eating. Just not those things. I barely eat sandwiches, it's just not food to me.

„Me cooking with you? Oh, is Miss perfect not pleased with what she saw?" he mocked me stopping in the centre of the kitchen turning around to glare at me. I knew he would react that way so I tried to explain it to him that what I mean by food is some eggs or oatmeal that could fill me up, not cheese on a bread like I'm in prison.

He didn't even listen to me „I didn't say a word in your home and you have a nerve to act all praising-yourself like you're the boss of the house!"

When that didn't work out as I played it in my mind it would work out, I exhailed rashly „Stop insulting me and what do you mean you didn't say anything in my house? Was there something to be said?"

„Well I don't like lemon!" he flinged the first thing that came to his mind. It was so obvious. All of it made me angry. Since when were we comparing our houses and food?

„I'm not going to compare my wealth to yours. This is not what this conversation is about!" I was beginning to feel sweat on my forehead „I just wanted to eat the eggs, is that so fucking impossible?"

He yelled in my face „we're not eating anything then since you find it all repellent."

„I'm not finding anything. Ugh, fine! I did it because I saw your face when she told you your mother is upstairs and you not going to see her made it a clear sign for me that you're fighting so I just wanted to be nice and keep you company since you look like you need it." My voice started with a shriek and with each word toned down to an almost whisper at the end of it. I was so embarrassed to be admitting him that, me doing something nice for him.