31

„Didn't she seem weird to you?" it was Monday again and King and I were late for our first class for almost half an hour- scratch that, we're probably not going to the class at all considering there isn't much point in going. It was his fault, dare I say, because someone had to take a damp and I had to stay there, my back turned to him without any mobile devices, or any of that sort.

„Who again?" his backpack that he brought from his home, lazily hanged from his shoulder, one of the straps loosely touching my shoulder. He is so slow sometimes, especially when he doesn't care to listen to me. „I'm talking about yesterday and Mrs. Jenny."

„Oh, the nanny. Nope, seemed pretty normal to me." we walked down the path to his car, his keys making a jingling sound, myself thinking of all the possible ways to describe him how Mrs.Jenny was anything but normal. „What are you talking about! She looked so suspicios with that Anton guy and 'my son used to love it'." Immitation of any sorts wasn't in my best moves so when he did not laugh, I streightened my back and acted like I didn't just make a fool out of myself. But, you know, it was King and I hardly ever got embarrassed.

„She gave me cookies, she's my new favorite person." Love really does come through stomach, as my mother says. Boys are all about sex and food, I could just roll my eyes at the obvious.

„So if they feed you they're good?" I scrunched my nose and followed behind him when he clicked on the small button for the door to open up „With those cookies? I'd give you my soul for that!"

„Men." This time I did roll my eyes and stopped him from going in the car first „Can I drive?"
He looked me up and down like he hasn't seen my outfit of the day, skirt and a loose shirt because I cannot wear my narrow ones, unfortunately for all the men population out there. I smash that outfit every time. „You driving my car? Who do you think I am?"

The reaction could've been worse, him laughing like he usually did, but seeing me just standing there not getting his point he did burst into laughter and that really quickly „You weren't joking, were you?"

„Why can't I drive your car? I'm perfectly capable of driving us down two blocks!" it always came to this. Him not trusting me with anything and him acting like an adult, superior to me or something. How he always thought he was better then me, was beyond me. „Because I don't trust you with one?"

„I gathered as much, so the question is, why don't you trust me?" it was a reasonable one, you say something, I ask the reason behind it. Can't find your words like him, coming out with just a 'hm' and a blinking eyes look, you let me drive. Simple. Or so I thought. „Because women don't know how to drive?"

„Excuse me?" we were pretty close by this point, me holding the door because I was the first one to enter, shielding him from seeing the inside of it or entering „Did I hear you correctly? You're discriminating the whole population by gender!"

„I don't think it's discrimination." I made myself more comfortable by putting all my balance into my hand that prevented him from going inside the car and looked him straight into the ocean filled eyes „Interesting, can you, I don't know, like, explain your point of view so I could understand how that isn't putting out all women as minor compared to you, strong-willed-asslike, no men, people?" finding the words to hurt him seemed to fly out of the window from all the anger that hid behind my tone.

 I wasn't filled with rage, just looked at him and tried to picture him as anything but an immature boy. I used sarcasm as my weapon, more frequently then I intended to do so.

„I'm not saying you're not valued as much or minor to us, as you called it, just that there are things that men are better at and there are things that women are better at. For example, I could care less about cooking or-„ he saw my expression and how that sounded completely hideous, so changed his perspective all together „I got it! Us men can't do two things at the time, like never. I just have to do one thing at a time and I can never remember everything I'm supposed to do if someone doesn't remind me. You girls, on the other hand, can do stuff like that all the time, like cleaning the house, at the same time doing lunch and talking on the phone."

As he talked, he did eased me up a little and I did see his point but still wasn't satified how he judged me instanly without giving me a chance to prove myself to him. „I still think you're not fair and that I can show you wrong."

„Do you wish to kill me?" he sounded desperate as he stroked the side of his car like it's a dog worth patting. I'll never understand boys and their connection to the wheels. „Pleeeease! I'll be nice."

„Absolutely not. Also, chained? You'll kill us for sure."

„You just said us girls can do many things at once, that's like, the same." He annoyingly sighed all the way to the parking lot of the Faculty, of course, not giving me a chance to drive. We didn't talk and I was glad he realised I wasn't going to say anything to him after rejecting me on such a small inquiry. I can drive and I do it really good, if he would just let me show him. Dan nor Klo had no complains when I drove them to Nicks party a few days back.

Reaching his group of friends sitting on a bench outside, I still hadn't said anything, just silently stood next to him like a dog on leash. Greg smiled when seeing me „Where's my favorite drunk person?"

Like I mentioned, I didn't remember anything, so his approach baffled me „Did I do something more?" I turned to look at King for confirmation, explanation or anything really, and he just shook his head „Just got cozy with my best friend."

„Tell me it wasn't with him!" Greg looked back and forth between us and then at my neck that still had a little redness, but so faintly, that it could hardly be detected. On the other hand, Kings neck had nothing on it so I guess, whoever bit him wasn't that much of a sex expert. Like, come on, when you bite you bite with intentions, not for it to be gone the next day. Amateurs.

„Am I missing something?" he still had the same expression, but a little crooked smile as well.

„Did someone get lucky or what?"

King laughed comforting me „Nah, I'm telling you, I don't know the guy who did that." He showed me with his tump towards my neck that he was indeed talking about the hickey. „Maan! How did I miss that?" Greg sure sounded dissapointed, switching one of his legs to the other side.

„You drank half his party, that's how." I laughed at Kings comment, realising this guys weren't so bad after all. As much as I didn't want to admit it to myself, I kinda got used to them being around. Especially King and his stupidity. It scared me how he's grown to me.

All the fun ruined the bitch one she made an appereance with her plastic cup of coffee and books in the other free hand, strolling around with that ugly meanful look on her face „Why didn't you return my calls? When I'm calling you, I expect you to answer the damn phone."

„Whoa, chill." Greg opened his mouth just as I was about to. This girl seriously had some problems and I wasn't talking just about friendship ones. I would make a bet with anyone that she is some kind of a stalker of his or seriously damaged ex-girlfriend, or better yet, one who never got a chance. It was all too sad to look at.

„I was occupied." King replied shortly and not bothered at all with that tone of hers. Like he did this on a regular basis and we're all just witnessing it now because of the circumstances. Was this all weird? I betcha.

„With what were you so occupied that you couldn't just send me a quick text? You know how I get when we're out." We? Out? Sorry but what girl? I felt like losing my shit.

„I told you the reason just drop it." King looked anywhere but her and the tension from his body spreaded out to mines too. You could cut it with a knife if you had one. It was all very uncomfortable. She acted like his mother and he didn't need one nor he wanted one. Almost like, although his mother didn't pay much attention to him, this one seemed to pay too much. The guy just couldn't get a break.

„You didn't give me a reason at all. What? Being occupied is your reason now? Since when are you so freakingly irresponsible? Ever since you started to hang out with this hag you've gone completely-„ I opened my mouth to argue with her, already having so many thing on my mind to trash her with when all the hell got loose from his demeanor and he looked vivid. I got too scared to just be tied to him, not having a chance to move away from his body or to avoid listening.

„I'm not your brother! I won't step into a car drunk out of my mind and drive around like some rich, spoiled kid, you hear me? It's not my fault and stop making me feel like it was all my fault when we were both there and we both know it isn't!" he yelled and yelled his soul out, shaking his whole body with rage, all directed to the source, Brenda, whose face was covered with a waterfall of tears, one by one slowly falling to her cheeks.

Her cheeks were redish and her stance was trembling. We all stood there, Greg and me just silently observing the situation, both wanting to be anywhere but here. My mind wondered around thinking about his words and the meaning behind it. I was so confused.

Brenda slowly turned around and rushed inside the Faculty while King crunched his hands into fists and searched for something to punch. I just knew it.

Greg was the first one to say something, making me divert my attention from King to him „That was uncalled for." Almost like a warning to King.

King exhailed, ignoring his best friend and trying to calm himself by breathing harder. Greg also left, probably after Brenda while I was left with too many questions and a raged asshole on my left.

***

I'm so so sorry if it's a little short or if it has some grammar mistakes, I'll make sure to read it again and correct them.

This few days have been hasty and I really missed writing, I still do. I wish I could write more but I'm really short on time and this was all that I could write for now. 

I can't wait for my exam to pass so I can fully dedicate myself to this book again. As you can see, some real shit is about to be opened and revealed to Bea, so she might change her oppinion on King soon.

We'll see. 

Thank you so much, again, for staying with me, and I'll respond to all your comments on the previous chapter and this one as well as soon as I can. I love you all!

Kisses,

Eri