21

"Can you act civilised for once?" my lip twitched at his proposition. For once? I'm always civilised.

"No." to be quiet frank, I hated Bruda the moment I met her. She sparked that bitch vibe everywhere she went and I didn't appreciate it. "She has a problem with me, not the other way around."

"Doubt it." we passed the open sign and went behind a commotion of people that gathered in a straight line waiting for food.

"Excuse me?" I tilted my head to match his and pointed out my frustration "Did you see her attitude back there? That was all her, okay?"

"That was you being civilised?" I rolled my eyes taking a step forward when the line moved up. What else did I expect? Boys are stupid.

"Crush, crush, crush and huuuge." I commented playing with my fingers "Shame it's on you."

"We're just friends." he played it cool, well-composed and I'm not the one to like bluffing, let me just tell you that.

"You sure about that?" the line went forward again and just when I thought the conversation was over from all the silence that followed, he spoke again "I'm sure and what's that have to do with you?"

"Nothing!" I smiled catching his gaze "Personally, I could care less about your whoring but you asked me why we don't get along and that would be the reason-she finds me as a threat."

He looked mixed up "What? You're imagining things and I would never go for you. We established that much."

"Finally we agree on something and I'm telling you from woman to woman-" he, of course had the need to cut that out "I'm not a woman!"

"That's an expression King! And please let me finish." I looked around to see if anyone was listening and when the coast was clear and King annoyingly cleared out his throat I began once again "Even thought we both know the already mentioned, she has the hots for you and it's purely instinctal."

"The only purely instinctal shit I want to do right now is shut that mouth of yours with a punch." all I wanted was to help a guy and this is how I get repayed? Whatever.

I shrugged a "Whatever." and turned around to meet with a chubby lady on the counter "Hi! Can I have a chicken salad with broccoli and greens? And chickpeas-"

I analysed the open buffet behind the window seal and smiled widely "And please some chocolate milk and a banana!"

The lady laughed and arranged the food on my plate while King scrunched up his nose "You're a pig!"

On the other hand, I took his comment pretty well considering I do get that a lot from my friends. Not that I consider him as a friend, not even close "Thanks!"

"Can you give me that lasagna over there with a coke and is that chicken soup?" I didn't listen much but he had the audicity to call me a pig when he ordered half the kitchen? Idiot.

We took our orders and went back to the table of non-friends of mine, chatting together delightfully.
I put the tray on my seat and waited for King to do so as well before we both sat down and all the heads turned to us "What?" it was King.

"Nothing. You're just not agruing. It's weird." Bruda put off her spoon and I kept it clean this time, biting my tongue from the inside so I wouldn't remark.

"Whatever." things got weird afterwards as I pulled out my phone and called my friends to come sit next to me. This guy that King hangs out with spoke for the first time since I've been near them and it freaked me out a little bit. I always knew he was withdrawn and a silent type of guy but I just never heard him speak and it was a surprise.