25

Dad held this self-effacing look on his face that I had no recollection of ever seeing, from his daughter to the guy who saw her naked. I tried to read out in between the rows but he wouldn't give me anything and it was confusing but also fun to watch. I think.

"Morning Dad." I saluted coming down the stairs with Cedrics happy-tail swinging greeting. Of course, with King by my side because where could he go? It's not like he can. "Morning Cedric."

"Were the door open last night?" Dad poured the hot water from the boiling jug before King muttered a discreet hello in the background. With that morning voice laced with sexyness and all that stuff I hate in him and love in other boys.

Agh, can he just shut up in the mornings and like, wear a bag over his head or something? It's too much for a girl to handle this early in a day.

"Yes Dad and we talked about this." King and I sat on the high stools directly from him and watched Dad pour us coffee as well before sliding it down the table like he works at Starbucks and it's his usual moring shift "Nicee!"

King had to add while I disregarded his existence on purpose.

"Not enough." I crossed my arms in front of my chest at this "If you'd just let me explain-"

"I decided what your punishment will be." I gaped like a fish. I've never gotten a punishment before or any of that things. "What?"

King laughed sipping on his coffee, no doubt proud of the turn of events moreover I had to slap him on the head because it's just a reflex and I tend to do that. He deserved it.

"What're you laughing about? You're grounded as well." Dad put both of his hands on the side of his belly, right on the hips just how he does it when things don't end up the way he thought it would "I don't care if I'm not your parent. You're all my children and under this roof, we send only positive vibes and love."

King had his eyes opened wide, just like when I had to put contact lenses in and goofly look myself in the bathroom mirror , befuddled that he heard something like that "Which I don't see you doing." my dear father added. It took us both a couple of minutes to recollect ourselves which Dad used as to keep talking and talking.

I blinked when I heard that Grannys name "and by doing that, you'll help Mrs. Jenny on renovating the garage to her dream library."

"Noooooo! Agh, please no!" I heard myself saying at the same time King exhailed an "That old hag with stalker skills? She'll kill us there!"

I patted him on the back almost immediately "Finally we agree on something." he continued to look at my dad in horror "Too much touching."

"Agreed. Let's not do that again." I looked back at my father forgetting all about my coffee "How? When? Why? And what's with the look?"

"Firstly Carter, that's not the way to talk about eldery people, and she's just bored. Secondly, Bea honey, I hardly doubt she'll kill you." he made it seem like we were the ones that are hard to deal with "I didn't say that, King did!"

"Same thing, you're still doing it."

"I don't like you anymore." I whispered, mostly to myself. "You don't have to. I'm your dad, a parent. This is what I'm supposed to do."

I couldn't hold it before bursting in laughter "Mum told you what to do?"

"Pf, I can do things myself." and I would've believed him if he hadn't half spilled the mug after sipping casually on a boiling coffee he just made. "Mhmm."

"Do we haveeee to?" it wasn't my voice that asked but Kings, who never looked so homey, offhand. He drank him coffee listening to us going back and forth. "Yes. Do you think seeing my daughter naked is free?"