18

Taking one step at the time, King and I followed the rest of the class outside along with Mr. Crossbore "So any kids Jeffrey?"

King made a small talk sound so unfamiliar and awkward that if I were in it, I'd probably run the opposite direction. Who the hell asks that and who the hell cares about it? Not Mr.Crossbore, that's for sure. And who the hell is Jeffrey?

"No and it's Mr.Crossbore to you." his displeased answer didn't catch Kings attention, who simply twitched his lip continuing "That explains it."

"King!" I raised my voice almost immediately, looking alike his mother whom I sure know wouldn't be proud. Raising a son like that must be dissapointing. But now that I think of it, maybe he raised himself seeing how all of his family members barely cared enough to search for him knowing fully well how pissed off he was when finding out about the chaining stuff.

He spared me a quick glance "What?" he didn't think going on first name basis meant anything rude nor did he think about the age difference or how impolite that whole approach of his sounded.

"You're mean." I lowered my voice keeping up with his steps.

"So..." still not getting a point, I pushed him to the other side giving up on his unraised ass and diverting my focus on the professor.

"What are you doing Cooper? You won't escape me." he pointed out our switching and glared warningly. He didn't even let us loose yet, why would I run? I mean, it's not like I would get far. He sure hasn't been in this position to know what it feels like. I think no one except us, two idiots, would allow themselves into these situations. I really felt like a doll.

"No, noo. I just think I'm politer, so...how's life?" smiling, I added a wink on his way. Comparing to Kings first way of having a short conversation, I was winning, and by winning I meant real winning.
But he didn't think so, laughing out in the open for everyone to witness "You serious? You're such an ass licker."

I yelled in a second "No, I'm not!" just because I knew how to ask right questions didn't mean I was trying to get something out of it. I just had a way with communicating, there's nothing wrong with that. At least it never was.

Mr. Crossbore narrowed his eyes and turned them away from our frames of battling hands in the air "Language King."

"But I should totally be your favorite." I tried again cheering things around a little bit, seeing the situation took some rusty roads. I'll never talk to a teacher again, weirdest thing ever.

"Suuure." King buzzed on my side stressing the 'u' to make it evident that it was anything but and did all in his power to scream it around so people would turn our way. Again.

"At least I ask normal questions." I faught, staying on my side of the rope.
He rolled his eyes "Well it's because you're boring."

"Am not!"

The corner of his lips curved in a long line, smirk inprinting all of his features  "And an ass licker."

My whole body shook from the flame of rage "I swear to God if you say that word one more time-"

"Ass li-" he didn't finish because we got interupted but I was pretty sure I knew how he would end it.

"Enough. Just give me your hands and leave me alone." Mr. Crossbore stopped us from walking, just a few steps away from the crowd and the field, and stood in between us.

I looked from him to King again trying to prove a point "But I'm fun!"

"No, you're not." this time it was the professor. I couldn't believe my ears. He took his side. Is he gay? What kind of world is this?