Chapter 2: The News

LUX BONTERI

Lux sat in his villa on Onderon. He was a little sad, ever since he heard the Jedi Temple was bombed, he hoped that his love, Ahsoka Tano, wasn't caught in the blast. Yet when rumors started circulating that Ahsoka was the one behind it... It all made Lux frustrated and sad. Ahsoka didn't do it. He knew that for a fact. She would never do something like that. 

Yet, there was a part of him that wondered: What if she did do it? I'm the one to blame here, I made her break the Jedi Code!

But he always managed to shake that off.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. Lux guessed it was probably his good friend, Saw Gerrera.

"You can come in," Lux said.

Saw opened the door.

"Lux," he said, "news just came over the Holonet. Ahsoka's innocent!"

Lux's eyes widened. "What!?"

"Yeah, they were just about to throw her into the slammer, or worse, sentence her to death! But then Skywalker walked in there with a girl named Barriss Offee, who apparently was the one who orchestrated the bombing."

"Really? Oh, finally! I knew she didn't do it!"

Lux looked off into the distance, out the window, and passed his blacony.

Barriss, he thought, Ahsoka mentioned her. From what it sounded like, they were really close friends. Darn, I wonder what she felt when she betrayed her like that...

Then, Lux's thoughts shifted to Ahsoka and the good times they had. When they went Ruping riding all those times, when they would go out for walks and eat something, when she saved his life from Dooku and Cad Bane, and when they first kissed at that special spot...

"You want her back, don't you?" Saw said.

"Yeah..." admitted Lux, "but... she's a Jedi. I think it's best if she stays with the Order. If they let her back in, at least. I hope they do..."

"Lux," Saw said, "I can't say whether she's rejoined the Order or not. The Holonet doesn't really report much about the Order's internal affairs. So unless either her or the Jedi come knocking on our door to tell us, I don't think we'll find out anytime soon."

"Yeah, I guess..." Lux said.

There was a part of him that wanted Ahsoka to continue being a Jedi, being the hero that she was. If she bested Dooku, there was no telling what she would accomplish.

But there was another part of him that wanted her back. She was so kind, so pretty, and she always made everything better... But Lux knew it was selfish. He had to let Ahsoka continue on her path, whatever it was.