Chapter 27: Gaze Into Darkness

LUX BONTERI

Lux walked out onto the balcony at sunset, seeing Ahsoka there, who seemed to be trying to cope with the headaches she had been getting.

"Still?" he said.

"Yes," she said, "something is... dear gosh, I'm just worried. It's like the Force is screaming at me, but I just can't filter it out."

"I'm sorry you have to go through this," Lux said. "I just... I really hate it when you're in pain, you know? I love you, and I can't stand to see you in pain."

"Thank you, Lux," Ahsoka said. "You always make me feel better."

Lux sat beside her and kissed her Lekku. He hoped it would give Ahsoka a quick burst of that relaxing feeling that made her feel better. Ahsoka giggled.

"Oh, what did I do to deserve you, Ahsoka?" Lux asked.

"Everything," Ahsoka replied. She laid her head against his shoulder.

They sat there for a moment, holding on to each other, watching the sunset like that one time they did at the nest after that picnic together a while back, back when Ahsoka was still a Jedi Padawan.

Eventually, Ahsoka grew tired, and Lux noticed.

"Here," he said, "Let's get you to bed."

He grabbed Ahsoka's hand and they walked over to bed, and Ahsoka got in. Lux, however, did not.

"Oh, come on," Ahsoka said, "cuddle me!"

Lux rolled his eyes.

"Okay," he said, getting into bed with her.

Lux then massaged her lekku again to relax her, and she fell asleep.

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka stood in a vast and foggy landscape. Unlike some of her previous visions, this wasn't of a clear landscape like Onderon or the Jedi Temple, nor was it a seemingly endless black void. It was... somewhere, but it was so foggy she couldn't see where she was.

The whole place seemed to make her feel uneasy. She could tell that this place was strong with the Dark Side. Occasionally, lightning would strike, briefly illuminating the landscape, which appeared dark and desolate. There was a massive structure some distance away from her, which looked like some massive stone slab. She appeared to be on an island, surrounded by fierce seas.

Then, the lightning illuminated a figure in front of her. She could tell from the shape of it's head that it was another version of her future self, but there was something sinister about this one. the figure pair of soulless yellow eyes which pierced Ahsoka's very being.

Ahsoka reached for the lightsabers she had stolen from Grievous, but they weren't attatched to their waist like they should have been.

"You don't have to save them," the vision said. "What have they ever done for you?"

Ahsoka could now make out the features of this vision. It seemed to be almost a mirror image of her, but with red and black clothing, and some of the veins on her Lekku were blackened. That, plus the soul-piercing eyes, made Ahsoka afraid.

"No," Ahsoka said, "I won't let myself become this!"

"Embrace the darkness, young one," the vision said. "It will only give you power, and the ability to finally take revenge on those who have wronged you."

"You lie," Ahsoka said.

"You have a choice to make tomorrow. The Jedi will be gone soon. There is nothing you can do about it. But if you join us..."

Wait, Ahsoka thought, It's happening tommorow!?

The vision giggled darkly.

"No!" Ahsoka said. "The Jedi are good people. They just need better guidance."

"And who's going to guide them," asked the vision, "you!?"

Ahsoka stood ready as if she were about to dodge an attack.

"What can you give me?" Ahsoka asked.

The vision giggled darkly again as a sinister smile covered her face.

"Everything," replied the vision.

Then, she lifted up her hands, and what looked like thousands of ships rose out of the oceans around them. They looked to be about the size of a Jedi Cruiser, but they were grey and more wedge shaped. Ahsoka didn't get a good look at the top side of the crafts, but the bottom side appeared to have a hangar bay and a tractor beam generator.

Then, the fog became thicker and thicker, and began to spin around Ahsoka like a vicious maelstrom. She became unable to see the large ships through the thickening fog. Then the large structure became obscured, and then the vision of Ahsoka's dark self. Eventually, all that was left was fog spinning around her like a tornado, with it occasionally being lit up by a lightning strike.

Ahsoka clasped her Lekku.

"No," Ahsoka screamed, "No!"

Ahsoka suddenly awoke. She checked her surroundings to see if she was still in Lux's bed, which she knew she was.

Lux rustled beside her.

"What now," he muttered.

"It's tomorrow," Ahsoka said, "it's happening tomorrow."