Chapter 12: Heart to Heart

LUX BONTERI

Lux still couldn't stand to see Ahsoka like this. While she had certainly cheered up since the day before, she still seemed quite... broken. Lux hated that. He wanted her to be happy and strong, like she's always been.

"Ahsoka," he said, walking up to her. She had been looking in the mirror at her new outfit for quite some time now.

"You're right," she said, "I really do look ready to fight off a Separatist army!"

"No," he said, "That's not what I want to talk to you about."

"What is it?" Ahsoka replied.

"Ahsoka... to see you come to me crying and in despair, especially after what's happened to you, after everyone who betrayed you... Are... Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Lux..."

"No," he said, "you're not."

She turned to look at Lux.

"Lux," she said, "I came here because I had no other choice. There is a wound inside me, one that will never heal. It's the wound of being left behind, of being abandoned by the ones you thought you could trust!"

Tears started to roll down Ahsoka's eyes.

"I... they... they cast me out! This wound... the Order gave it to me! And...  I WILL MAKE THEM PAY FOR WHAT THEY DID TO ME!!!"

"AHSOKA, STOP!!!" Lux shouted.

Ahsoka's fists were clenched and she looked angry, as if she wanted so badly to get revenge.

"You're starting to sound like Dooku!" Lux said. He put his hands in his face. "I shouldn't have asked," he murmured.

Ahsoka seemed to calm down a little. "It's okay, Lux. I just... I... I feel so broken, so betrayed..."

Then, Lux's commlink beeped.

"Saw's here," he said.

SAW GERRERA

Saw walked up to the house of his friend, Senator Lux Bonteri. The guards at the door immediately saluted, and he saluted back.

One of the guards turned on his commlink, presumably talking to the Senator.

"Sir," he said, "Saw Gerrera is here."

Saw didn't exactly hear what came over the commlink, but whatever it was, Saw was let inside.

He opened the door and made his way up to Lux's room and knocked on the door.

"Just a second!!" Lux said, amidst some ruffling he could hear.

What is going on in there, Saw thought.

Eventually, Lux opened the door.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," he said.

Just as Saw took a few steps into Lux's room, Lux's closet burst open, and someone fell out, along with some assorted clothing items.

"Ahsoka!!" Lux shouted.

"Ahsoka!?!?" Saw replied.

"You... need... a bigger closet," Ahsoka groaned on the floor, holding her knee which was undoubtedly at least bruised.

"Lux, what is she doing here," Saw said, "and why wasn't I notified!?"

"She... left the Order," Lux replied. "She didn't feel like staying with them would be the right thing to do, after they cast her aside. Then she came to me, for... obvious reasons."

Saw looked at Lux, and then at Ahsoka.

"So that's who you made that outfit for," said Saw.

"I thought you would have known," Lux replied.

Lux quickly walked over to Ahsoka, taking a good look at her knee. It was only a bruise.

"I'm sorry," said Lux.

"No, it's okay," Ahsoka said. "Maybe you should take some tips from Senator Amidala. Her closet is almost the size of their bedroom!"

They both giggled, and roped each other into a kiss. Saw smiled.