Chapter 14: A Sudden Proposal

LUX BONTERI

Lux sat up in his bed, Ahsoka still sleeping beside him. When she slept, it was one of the rare times she at least looked peaceful, even though she was really troubled deep down.

Some of the things she said had worried Lux, and she was starting to talk of revenge of hatred... that was eerily similar to the ways of the Sith. If Ahsoka became one of them, she could become a terror to the galaxy, greater than even Dooku was.

Lux walked out to the balcony.

I'm a little worried about her, Lux thought,  I really don't want her to fall to the dark side. Oh, how broken she is, how much she has been through...

Lux fidgeted his thumbs a little, and a thought suddenly popped into his head.

It was about marrying Ahsoka.

Sure, he loved her, but they were still quite young. Yet...

If I ask her to marry me, he thought, maybe that would make her feel a little better.

Then, Lux remembered something. He had commissioned a ring with the suit he gave Ahsoka. It was a gold wedding ring, with a touch of Kyber. Getting his hands on the valuable was tricky, but it was worth it. The ring was quite expensive, but he knew Ahsoka would guard it with her life.

Too many thoughts were racing through Lux's head. They could get married in secret, maybe in that place by the lake where they first kissed...

A tear went down Lux's eye

No, he thought, we're too young!

But eventually, he convinced himself. It was going to be rather sudden, but worth it. He was going to propose to Ahsoka Tano.

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka woke up to find Lux absent from beside her. She looked around the room, but there wasn't a trace of him. Ahsoka was a rather heavy sleeper, so she wouldn't have been surprised if he got up without her knowing.

Then, she looked out onto the balcony. Lux was standing there.

She got up and walked out to the balcony. Lux was somewhat startled by her arrival, as she noticed he flinched.

"Uh, Ahsoka!" Lux said. "G-good morning!"

"What's wrong," Ahsoka asked.

Lux took a deep breath.

Wait, Ahsoka thought, is he...

"Ahsoka," he said, "You are strong, brave, and fearless. You mean so much to me. All I want for you right now, for us... is to be happy. Ahsoka, I don't want you to fall to the Dark Side. I... I know this is very sudden, and we're still young, but since you're not going to leave anytime soon..."

Lux started to shed tears. He got down on one knee, and reached into his pocket to grab the ring.

"W-will you marry me?"