Chapter 16: Saw's Advice

LUX BONTERI

Both Lux and Ahsoka immediately put on their worried faces.

Oh no, Lux thought, Not again!

"Ahsoka," said Saw, "Could you leave us for a moment, I need to talk some things over with Lux."

"Well, okay.." Ahsoka said. She reluctantly walked out of the room.

Then, Saw turned back to face Lux.

"Why the kriff did you propose to her this early!?!?" Saw said.

"What!?" Was all that Lux could reply.

"You heard me!"

"Well- The Separatists are here and you want to give me relationship advice!?!?"

"It's not relationship advi- okay, it's relationship advice," Saw said.

"What exactly are you trying to tell me," Lux said.

"I'm saying that in case you find Ahsoka isn't the one for you... well, it's reckless to go ahead and marry her that quickly."

"Look, you can't exactly undo this engagement right now, but if by any chance you find another girl for you, maybe wait more than a few days after they show up at your front door after being framed for terrorism."

Lux got mad. "What does it matter!? I love her, and she loves me!! What do you think you are, my father!?"

"No," Saw said, "but I guess you need someone to look out for you that isn't an ex-Jedi in hiding."

"Hey, Ahsoka's strong, she can protect me!" 

"Hey, I'm just trying to give you advice!" Saw said.

Lux groaned, and moved to walk out the room.

"Hey, Lux," Saw continued, "We're meeting with local partisan forces in half a rotation. Please be there."

Lux stopped for a second to listen to him, but then kept walking.

"And, Lux..." Saw added, "you and the partisans are the closest I have to a family now. After I lost everyone..."

Lux thought about Steela, how she died... This would be a difficult task to fend of the Separatists without her.

GENERAL GRIEVOUS

"Sir," a commando droid beeped behind the General, we are ready to move ahead.

"Good," barked the General, "Bring me Senator Bonteri and Saw Gerrera. They will not see it coming. But be discreet. If you fail to bring me at least one of them, I will have you dismantled and recycled!"

"Roger, roger," the droid said.

The droid then walked out of the cockpit.

Then, the tactical droid in the room spoke up.

"Sir, our forces have been mobilized. We are ready for the assault on Iziz."

"We should wait until Gerrera and his Senator friend fall into our hands. The Rebels will fail without their leadership."

"That is an excellent idea," the droid said. "However, There is a 31 percent chance of Jedi involvement in our affairs."

"They are no match for me!" the General barked. "I do not care!"