Chapter 15: The Good News and the Bad News

AHSOKA TANO

"L-Lux!" Ahsoka said. "T-this is so sudden, and we're still so young, I can't believe it... Y-yes! I accept!"

Tears of Joy were streaming down Ahsoka's cheeks as Lux put the gold and crystal ring on her, and they quickly pulled each other into a hug. When they pulled away from each other, Ahsoka noticed the ring seemed to be almost shining.

"Lux!" She said, "T-this is made with Kyber! How the kriff did you get your hands on this!"

"Well," he said, "I am  a senator..."

"Oh my goodness! Y-you did this for me!?"

"Of course!" Lux replied.

"Oh my gosh... Lux! I love you so much!" Ahsoka said as she roped Lux into a kiss.

After they broke the kiss, they were both laughing.

"So," Lux said, "When do you want to get married?"

"I... don't know," Ahsoka said, "Maybe after we both turn eighteen standard years old."

"I'm eighteen!" Lux said.

"I'm only seventeen," Ahsoka replied, "but I'll be eighteen in about a month. Maybe, by then..."

Saw burst into the room and walked out onto the balcony.

"Saw!?!?" They both said at once.

"What's going on out here?" He said.

"Saw," Ahsoka said, "I'm... I'm going to be a Bonteri!"

Saw gasped as he looked at the ring on Ahsoka's finger.

"Well, I... That's great news, but... there's something going on right now. Something very, very serious."

"What is it?" Lux said.

"The Separatists. They're here."

Both of their jaws dropped.

"A fleet came out of hyperspace in orbit, and we've confirmed enemy armies being landed on at least three different locations across the planet. We need to move. now."

GENERAL GRIEVOUS

Grievous sat on board his flagship, looking at the surface below.

"Sir," a tactical droid beeped behind him, "The invasion force has landed. Local resistance has yet to be organized, and is quite sporadic. Republic reinforcements may not arrive in time, or may not arrive at all. Our chance of success is 72 percent."

"Good," the General said. "This planet has been of Dooku's interest for quite some time now. Make sure the scum that drove us off last time doesn't do so again. Attack the capital city, full force!"

"That is a good idea," said the droid. "I calculate that rebel activity on Onderon will fall at least 25% if we take their capital quickly. We must overrun them quickly."

"Excellent," said the General. He looked back at the planet, a brown and blue orb of wildlife and resources.

"Soon," Grievous said, "Onderon will be ours once more! And they will bow to my might!"