Chapter 8: Reunited

AHSOKA TANO

After all the struggle, she was finally here. The ship was landing at Iziz and she had gotten much better since she was recovered by Bryce and his crew.

She looked down as the ship descended on the blue and brown planet, as the curve became a flat horizon and colors became objects. It felt so surreal to be back here. As the city of Iziz cam into view, the memories hit her like a stone wall. She remembered fighting with the rebels, getting close to Lux and falling in love with him, chasing Bane, and besting Dooku.

This is my home now, Ahsoka thought, This is all I have left.

Ahsoka made her way towards the ship's exit as the ship touched down on the landing platform. The door opened and a ramp deployed for her to walk down.

"Take care," Bryce said behind her. "Oh, and don't float around in space in a partly-functional Republic fighter again. We might not be able to rescue you next time."

"Don't worry," said Ahsoka. "You take care too."

The two exchanged waves as she walked down the ramp and onto the landing platform.

It was a warm day on Onderon. Ahsoka wore a cloak to hide herself as she walked through the city streets, lest anyone recognize her. She couldn't see the Unifar Temple from here, though, so she would have to ask someone.

She went up to a woman selling Jogan fruits.

"Hey, do you know where the Unifar Temple is?" Ahsoka asked. "I have some... buisness with the Seantor."

The woman smiled. "Senator Bonteri doesn't live at the Temple anymore," she said. "He has his own Villa now, over by the city wall." She pointed at a large building next to the wall.

That was where Lux was.

"Thank you," Ahsoka said, smiling back.

She bolted off towards the building. As she ran, she could sense Lux's presence getting closer and closer. And the more she ran, the greater her desire to fall into his arms and kiss him.

Yet when she arrived, her heart sunk. There were two royal guards at the door.

Yet, that wasn't going to stop her from reuniting with the love of her life.

She walked up to the guards.

"Who are you," one of them said.

"I wish to speak with the Senator," Ahsoka replied.

LUX BONTERI

Lux sat on his bed, twiddling his thumbs. being a Senator was hard work, especially for someone his age. He just wished he could have Ahsoka back. She made everything feel better.

Then his commlink beeped, signifying that the guards were trying to contact him.

"Yes," said Lux, "What is it?"

"There's someone here to see you," said the Guard over the commlink, "but you didn't have anyone scheduled to visit."

Wait, Lux thought, could it be... her?

Lux shook off the thought. Surely this was some sort of fluke.

"Who are they?" Lux asked.

"Don't know," said the guard.

"What do they look like?" Lux asked.

"Uhh... Togruta female. Orange. Around your age, by the looks of it."

Lux's heart must have skipped a beat or two, because he found himself stumbling and at a loss for words.

It really is her! It's Ahsoka, she came back! Lux thought.

"Let her in! Now!"

"Are you sur-"

"Yes! Just let her in!"

AHSOKA TANO

One of the guards hit a button on the wall and the door slid open. She walked in. She was extremely nervous, but there was no going back now.

Ahsoka let the force guide her to Lux's presence, and she found herself standing in front of a door on the third floor.

This must be his room, she thought.

She lifted her fist to knock on the door. She closed her eyes and knocked.

The door slid open almost immediately. There, standing in front of her, was her sweetheart, Lux Bonteri.

They both teared up, at a loss for words. But both of them knew what to do, without having to say it. They quickly grabbed each other and pressed their lips together into a kiss.

And for the first time since the Temple bombing, Ahsoka Tano felt truly happy. She was reunited with the one she loved the most. Lux Bonteri.