Chapter 18: At the Mercy of the General

GENERAL GRIEVOUS

"Sir," said the tactical droid, "the commandos have returned."

"Excellent," said Grievous. "Let's see if they've succeeded in their mission... or have decided to become scrap piles."

The door to the bridge opened, and the commando droids came through.

"Sir," one of them said, "We failed to capture Gerrera or Bonteri, but we managed to take a Jedi."

Grievous was rather intrigued by this.

"What Jedi have you brought before me?" Grievous asked.

The commando stepped aside to reveal said Jedi, who had been cuffed and was escorted into the bridge by two other commandos.

Grievous looked at the "Jedi." It was none other than Ahsoka Tano.

But she wasn't a Jedi. Dooku had told him a little while ago that she had left the Order, and would not interfere in his plans to take Onderon. It seems that the Count had been at least partially incorrect.

"IDIOTS!!" Grievous yelled. "This is no Jedi you have brought me! This one left the Order! You caught her unarmed! What a shame. You had me impressed for a moment."

Ahsoka only seemed to be barely conscious, only making a few moaning noises, with her eyes fluttering open and shut. She had a massive bruise on the side of her face, presumably because that's where the droid hit her.

"Sir," the droid said, "My memory banks were absent of such knowledge. Perhaps if you had informed u-"

Grievous ripped the droid's head off before he could finish the sentence. Every other droid except the tactical droid took a few steps away from the General.

"Take her to the prison block!" Grievous yelled.

"Rodger Rodger," replied a commando.

They walked out of the room, carrying Ahsoka with them.

Soon after, a beeping noise occurred. Dooku was calling. Grievous patched the transmission through, and the image of Dooku appeared.

"My lord," Grievous said, bowing down.

"What is the status of the invasion on Onderon?" Dooku asked.

"It has gone well," Grievous replied. "Rebel forces have yet to fully mobilize, and we have already secured some key positions on the planet. I expect the city of Iziz to fall in no more than seven rotations."

"Very good," Dooku replied. "Have there been any run-ins with the Republic or the Jedi?"

"No, but there has been a rather... curious incident."

"Hmm," pondered the Count, "what might that be?"

"We have captured none other than Ahsoka Tano. She has seemingly... exiled herself to Onderon following her departure from the Jedi."

Dooku's eyes widened. There was a slight glimmer of fear in his eyes, which was unusual for the Count. But the look quickly disappeared.

"Execute her!" Dooku demanded. "I will not have her deny me this planet again!"

"She is no longer a Jedi, and is no longer a thre-

"Do not underestimate her! She is more powerful than you could ever know, only rivaled by that of a few. She bested me, and, given the opportunity, she will best you."

Grievous almost laughed.

"You expect me to lose to a child!? Fear not, my lord, for she will beg me for mercy, of which she will have none!"

Dooku smiled. 

"Very good," he said.

the hologram turned off as Grievous turned around to give orders to his droids.

"Did you not hear him!?" he barked. "Schedule her execution!"