Chapter 23: Not Okay

LUX BONTERI

Lux suddenly awoke to the sound of Ahsoka screaming beside him.

"Ahsoka!" He yelled, putting his hand on her shoulder.

She was quite clearly crying, tears pouring out of her eyes.

"Ahsoka," Lux asked, "are you okay?"

"Yes," she said, "I'm fine, it's okay."

"Ahsoka," Lux said, with a look of concern on his face.

"What?" Ahsoka replied. 

"That is the dumbest lie I have ever heard from you," Lux said.

By the look on her face, he could tell that Ahsoka would have laughed if things were better for her right now.

"Ahsoka," Lux continued, "You're not fine. I know you, and when you wake up screaming, well... The last time that happened, I ended up with a blaster bolt to the shoulder."

"No," Ahsoka denied. "Forget about it, I'm fine."

"No," Lux said, "you're not fine. You had a nightmare. And when a Jedi gets a nightmare, that can never mean anything good."

Ahsoka took a deep breath.

"Lux," she said, "I... I had a vision... there's going to be an attack on the Jedi Temple."

"What!? How!?"

"I'm not sure. I... I couldn't see the attackers, and all I did was try to get a youngling to safety. Her name was Katooni, I met her shortly after I left Onderon last time. I was running away from the attackers, trying to save her. And then I... I heard so much screaming, felt so much pain..."

Lux was quite concerned.

"Ahsoka..." he said, "who... who did this!?"

"I'm not sure," she said. "I... it could be the Sith, or the Separatists, or..."

She cried.

"I just... "i just don't know what to do!" she said.

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka was so struck by the visions that she went back to being the broken girl who arrived on Lux's front door after leaving the order.

She didn't know what choice to make. The voice said she had some sort of choice, and she could tell that was the choice of helping the Jedi or not.

She was really split on the choice that different parts of her were telling her to do different things.

You have to save them, she thought, they're your friends! You can't let this happen!

No, another part of her thought, they betrayed you! Stay here with Lux, don't ruin your life!

And then, there was a tiny, almost insignificant part of her that said,

They deserve this. They're liars, hypocrites, and make false promises. Maybe you should join the Sith and help them in this attack, if they're the ones behind this. The Jedi will fall before you, and you can have your revenge!

Ahsoka tried not to listen, but try as she might, there was a darkness growing inside her. She had to surpress it, and make her choice soon, before it was too late.