Epilogue: Hope

LUX BONTERI

"Come on, where is she?" Lux said. He was waiting on the entry ramp of the Crucible, Waiting for Ahsoka to come.

Lyda came up behind him.

"Hey," she said, "we may have to leave without her. That's what she wanted. It's best to leave now before any clones come."

"No," he said. He was risking the fact that Lyda could pick up on their relationship, but he didn't care.

"She'll be back," he continued.

"He's right," said a voice behind them. The two turned around to see Katooni, the Tholothian youngling.

"She'll be back," Katooni said, "I know it."

Lyda sighed.

"But by the time she gets back," Lyda said, "it may be too late."

Katooni looked down.

Then, Lux heard footsteps running in their Direction.

"Ahsoka?" He said.

Sure enough, Ahsoka ran around the corner and up the entry ramp.

"Go," Ahsoka said, "Now!"

Whoever was in the bridge heard her, and the ramp closed. The ship flew off into the distance, the Jedi Temple in flames behind them. 

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka fell to the floor sobbing.

"Anakin," she said, "he's... he's fallen to the dark side..."

The eyes of everyone in the room widened.

Lyda put her hand on Ahsoka's shoulder.

"Hey," she said, "you saved us. You saved the Jedi Order."

Ahsoka looked up, and saw a good number of Padawans younglings, droids, and even a few young Knights.

"And by the way," Lyda added, "We got your message."

Lyda pulled a Holocron out of her pocket. She then sat on the floor with her legs crossed and eyes closed. The Holocron whirred ang clicked as it opened.

The pieces flew apart, and the cube began to display the holographic message Ahsoka had sent.

"This is Ahsoka Tano. I regret to report that both our Jedi Order and the Republic have fallen. This message is a warning and a reminder for any surviving Jedi: trust in the Force. Do not return to the Temple. That time has passed, and our future is uncertain. Avoid Coruscant. Avoid detection. Be secret... but be strong. We will each be challenged: our trust, our faith, our friendships. But we must persevere and, in time, I believe a new hope will emerge. May the Force be with you always."