Chapter 24: A Sense of Fear

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka was standing on the balcony, overlooking the city of Iziz. Lux was off doing some Senator work, but he would be back soon.

Ahsoka was honestly panicked about the vision. It felt like it would be very important, like some pivotal moment in her life. She really hoped it didn't come to pass, but deep down, she knew she had to make a choice.

What do I do, Ahsoka thought, What do these visions mean? What should I do!?

Ahsoka began to shed a few tears.

I... I want to help them, but... after what they did to me? The Jedi Order has become dogmatic, maybe... maybe it's for the best that they fall.

Ahsoka shook that thought off.

Did I really just think that!? No, I'm not a Sith, and I never will be! The Jedi are good people, I know it...

But deep down she denied it. She didn't know if she was right or wrong, but her general perception on the Jedi was that they had grown to become dogmatic hypocrites. And a part of her felt like they deserved what was coming to them.

Ugh, Ahsoka thought, I'm tearing myself apart!

LUX BONTERI

Lux came home to find Ahsoka staring off into the distance on the balcony. She seemed to have a habit of doing this lately.

He looked at Ahsoka, her Lekku blowing in the wind.

"You look so... beautiful," Lux said.

"Only because I'm so in love," Ahsoka replied, turning around.

"I'm... pretty sure that's not how it works," Lux joked. They both giggled a little.

Then, Ahsoka's face began to look down a little.

"Ahsoka," Lux said, "I know you're still worried about the vision."

"How could I not be!?" Ahsoka said. "It's very important. I grew up with the Jedi, it was the only life I had. But after what they did to me... gosh, I don't know what to do!"

"You have to save them, Ahsoka." Lux said.

"But what if I-"

"No," Lux said, "they're good people, Ahsoka, I know it. They just need better guidance."

"What," Ahsoka replied, "You're suggesting I guide them!?"

"Well, that's not really what I was implying, but you really would make a great Grand Master."

Ahsoka seemed like she was bordering mad at this point. Lux hoped this talk would make sure she went down the right path.

"Wha- well, thanks, but... I'm no Grand Master material. I was kicked out, they let me back in but I denied it, and now this? And need I mention I came this close to considering joining the Dark Side?"

They both fell silent, unsure of what to say.

"Lux," Ahsoka continued, "If it wasn't for you, I'd probably have fallen to the Dark Side when I began to spill out my feelings. The thought of you, the thought of hurting you... I never would have been able to live with that. They say Jedi shouldn't form attachments, but you... you saved me, Lux."

Tears were dripping down both of her cheeks.

"Come here, Ahsoka," Lux said, putting her arms around her as she pressed her face into his chest.

"It's going to be okay," he said, "I promise."