Chapter 5: Pirates!

AHSOKA TANO 

Ahsoka descended the ramp of the shuttle after landing on Christophsis. She had been assigned by Master Yoda as a padawan to the Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker, despite still being a little young. It was a little nerve-racking, to be honest.

As was expected, Anakin, his former master Obi-Wan, and a blue and white astromech droid were waiting for her, as well as several clone troopers dotting the scene.

"A youngling..." Obi-Wan said, clearly questioning her age.

"And... who are you supposed to be?" Anakin asked.

The astromech beeped in droid binary.

"I'm Ahsoka," she replied, "Master Yoda sent me. I was told to tell both of you that you must get back to the Jedi Temple immediately. There's an emergency."

"I don't know if you've noticed," Anakin stressed, "but we're in a bit of an emergency right here."

"Yes," Obi-Wan added, "our communications have been a bit unreliable, but we've been calling for help."

"Master Yoda hadn't heard from you," Ahsoka added, "so he sent me to relay the message."

Anakin sighed. "Oh great," he said, "they don't even know we're in trouble!"

"Maybe you could relay a signal through the cruiser that just dropped me o-"

BLAM!

Ahsoka's dream was shattered by the shaking of the ship's hull and the sound of alarms blaring.

"Why can't I just get some kriffing sleep?" Ahsoka moaned to herself.

It didn't take long to realize why the alarms went off. There was blaster fire coming from the cockpit, and then a few Weequay pirates descended the ladder into the cargo bay. There seemed to be five of them.

Kriffing pirates, Ahsoka thought. She tried to hide herself, but she accidentally knocked a small crate off of a larger one, drawing the attention of the Pirates.

"What was that!?" one of them asked.

"I'll check it out," another one said. He walked towards Ahsoka. 

Guess I'll have to fight my way out of this, Ahsoka thought. 

She sprang out from behind the crate and kicked the Pirate in the face, but just as she did so, another one shot a blaster set to stun at her.

"Agh!" Ahsoka cryed out as she fell to the ground.

"Hehehe," one of the Pirates laughed, "look what we have here!"

"Ah, yes, a fine specimen indeed!" Another pirate said.

"Let me go!" Ahsoka said as she strained herself to try and get up, but her entire body was numb from the stun.

"Bah!" one of the pirates said as she whacked her in the head with the handle of a blaster.

The world went black as Ahsoka lost consciousness.