Chapter 29: Rough Landing

AHSOKA TANO

Ahsoka watched as the city world of Coruscant came into view, along with a considerable amount of wreckage floating in space. There were plenty of scavengers, and the wrecks matched the hulls of both Republic and Separatist vessels.

Looking around, Ahsoka could spot two Jedi Cruisers moving in on them.

Then, the comm beeped.

"Shuttle, what's your buisness here?" asked someone from one of the Cruisers. From the voice, Ahsoka could tell it was Admiral Yularen, someone she worked with back when she was a Padawan.

"This is Senator Bonteri," Lux said, "requesting permission to land."

"Senator Bonteri? We weren't expecting you..."

"Can I just land please?" Lux said. "I had to bust through a Separatist blockade to get here, so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't give me a hassle."

"Alright," Yularen said, "We're scanning your shuttle. do not deviate from your current trajectory."

"They're going to detect me," Ahsoka said. "Those sensors can pick up an extra passenger."

"I know," said Lux, "but they won't be able to determine it's you."

"Scan complete," Yularen said, "it appears you have a passenger on board."

"Oh, it's just a royal guard," Lux lied. "The Separatists want my head on a silver platter so I thought it best to bring one."

"May we get the identity of this guard?"  Yularen asked.

Lux cut the transmission.

"Lux!" yelled Ahsoka. "They'll suspect something!"

"What," Lux said, "the guy knows you! Better this than him knowing!"

"Lux," she said, "they'll probably check us when we get down there."

"Won't they do so anyways," Lux said.

"Well," Ahsoka said, "I only have one option."

As they neared the surface of Coruscant and the Jedi Temple came into view, Ahsoka turned on one of the lightsabers she took from Grievous and stabbed the wall where she knew some critical components were. One of the ship's engines caught fire, and multiple alarms started blaring.

"What are you doing!?!?" Lux yelled.

"Hey," Ahsoka said, "you wanted to come!"

"Well, I guess you want us to jump..." Lux said.

"Don't worry, I got you!" Ahsoka said.

She grabbed Lux's hand, and shortly before the shuttle crashed, they jumped out.

However, Lux's grip gave out. Ahsoka frantically reached for his hand, but she couldn't grab it.

The shuttle exploded as it hit the ground in the distance.

"Ahsoka!" Lux yelled.

Ahsoka hit the ground. Being a Jedi, she was trained to withstand the impact. Lux, however, was not.

But quickly, before he hit the ground, Ahsoka saved his neck by using the force to make him float midair above the ground. Ahsoka let go of the force, causing Lux to fall the remaining two feet face-first onto the floor.

"Another happy landing," Ahsoka said.

"Please," Lux yelled, "never do anything like that again!!"

"Again," Ahsoka said, "You wanted to come."