Chapter 7: Death Note

Namjoon held his phone in his hand, contemplating whether he should call Seokjin. 'I'm feeling lonely, and Seokjin is the closest thing I have to a friend. Ugh, parenthood has made me so lonely!'

Namjoon dialled Seokjin's number, putting the phone to his ear and waiting.

"Hello? Namjoon-san? Isn't Jimin at school?" Namjoon's breath hitched slightly. 'Is this idiotic of me? Should I screw it and wait for Jimin to come home? But I want to watch anime with Seokjin! Is this an excuse just to spend time with him? What is it?'

"Namjoon-san? Are you still there?" Namjoon nodded, and he knew that Seokjin understood.

"Call me Namjoon-kun, we're close now, right?" He heard Seokjin's breath hitch and he smiled, 'Does he think of me as a friend? Are we close?' Namjoon sat on the couch and propped his feet up on the arm rest opposite to him.

"Yeah, as long as you call me Seokjin-kun." 'I prefer 'darling', but whatever you want. Wait, no, what the fuck Namjoon? Why would you think that?'

"Deal!" They both chuckled, and Namjoon smiled widely when he heard Seokjin laugh. It was music to his ears and blessing to his soul. His cheeks were red, he couldn't tell whether it was from happiness or embarrassment, but he let it be.

"So... why'd you call?" Namjoon sighed, crossing his fingers for luck.

"Please don't laugh at me when I tell you." He pleaded.

"I swear I won't." Seokjin vowed.

"Promise?" Namjoon asked once more. 'I hope this brings us closer.'

"I promise!"

"... I'm feeling lonely and I need someone to watch anime with. I want to watch Death Note, but I don't want to do it alone. Jimin's at school and you're my only friend... so..." He heard Seokjin laugh over the phone and Namjoon's heart fell. He couldn't tell whether he was being sarcastic or not and what his emotion meant, as they were over the phone and Namjoon couldn't see his face. But Seokjin tended to surprise him in the sweetest ways then again.

"That's cute Namjoon-kun. Of course, I'll come over to watch anime! I love Death Note! Watching it alone just isn't the same." Seokjin was delighted that Namjoon had called him. And Namjoon felt thrilled with Seokjin's answer. Both men were satisfied.

"It truly isn't!"

"So... I'll be there in 10 minutes. Do you have popcorn or do you want me to get some?" Namjoon could hear footsteps in the background of Seokjin's end, which he assumed was Seokjin getting ready.

"I've already got some, we'll make it together when you come over."

"Sounds great! I'm in the car now, so I have to hang up. See you soon, yeah?"

"Yeah." Namjoon hung up and placed his phone onto the coffee table next to him, smiling at the ceiling in a daydream like state.

He sat up and waited for Seokjin in content silence. Namjoon had decided, he didn't want to prepare anything without Seokjin there. Yes, that might've been an excuse to hang out with Seokjin, but so what? Seokjin was clearly accepting of it, so there was nothing to worry about, right?

"I don't need to knock, right?" Seokjin's voice yelled, not demanding, just projecting.

"Nah, you can just come in." Seokjin entered, his clothes were casual and his hair wasn't styled. Namjoon liked that look the best, the natural look.

"Hey." Namjoon said, glancing over Seokjin.

"Hey." Seokjin smiled lightly, wrapping an arm around Namjoon's waist.