Chapter 25: Our Future (Finale)

"Ah, Seokjin-san, you've delivered the appropriate papers, yes? After all, you are my errand boy now."

"Sir, the only thing I'm delivering today is my resignation letter. With all due respect, fuck you." Seokjin then ticked the small checkbox next to the words 'complete delivery'. He proceeded to tear the checklist of jobs for him to do in half, scrunching the two pieces up individually then throwing them into the boss' fireplace. The boss was in complete horror, but it was almost as if he had expected it to happen.

"Good luck trying to find another place that will take lying." Seokjin sneered at him, dusting his pants off and walking to the door.

"My future employer may not tolerate lying; however, they will make an exception for a pretty face, right?" He responded, snidely reminding the boss that Seokjin had only been hired because he was a good poster boy for the business. Customers only pay for me because I'm pretty when they see my face on the front of your website, I think I'll do just fine on my own. Goodbye sir. Good luck trying to do shit without my face plastered on your adverts." Just like that, he walked away, small smile on his face as he rang up Namjoon. He collected his things from his desk briskly and placed them into a small box, waiting for Namjoon to answer the phone.

"Darling?" Namjoon's voice came through first, greeting Seokjin pleasantly. Seokjin grinned.

"Tell Jimin that we're going to go to that fancy sushi hub in the centre of the town tonight, on me." Namjoon gasped, smiling widely.

"You quit your job!" Seokjin blew a kiss into the phone, Namjoon could almost hear the wink that came along with it.

"That's right! Second best decision of my life!" Namjoon laughed, as did Seokjin.

"What was the first?" Namjoon inquired, holding onto his phone with such delicacy that even the Queen of England couldn't compare.

"Choosing you."

--

"Why is this so heavy?" Namjoon groaned, carrying one of Seokjin's many boxes. Seokjin chuckled gently whilst carrying the other box into the house, looking behind him and grinning at the sight of his now fiancé.

"It was you who insisted on carrying the heaviest box. My love, you should've let me help you. We could've both carried it you know." Namjoon shook his head stubbornly, insistent on helping out.

"Nope, we're getting this in the kitchen, whether you like it or not." Seokjin was moving into the Kim home, it was to be a surprise for Jimin when he came back home for school. The two had discussed moving for a long time, hesitant in their actions. Namjoon had reassured Seokjin that he was sure that Jimin would love him there permanently and that he practically lived there already.

"Why do you have so little boxes anyways? Is it because I already have all the furniture and stuff here?" Seokjin put his box down and helped Namjoon with his, smiling sweetly in his direction with a kind glance.

"I wanted to start a new life with you and Jimin, so I sold all of the things I didn't need. I could only hope that they went to someone less fortunate than I." Namjoon blew a quick kiss in his direction, unable to actually give him one with the box in between them.

"With your luck and kindness, I'm sure the person who receives them will be eternally grateful. Let's just hope it's on sale, because no one will buy that squeaking chicken you used to have full price." Seokjin laughed loudly, throwing his head back and looking to the roof, freezing for a mere moment.

"Yes darling, let's hope Jimin reacts the same way." Least to say, Jimin was exasperated when he arrived home only to see his two dads laughing about a squeaky chicken.

"Why am I in this family again?"

--

Love was a mysterious thing, it truly was. It was the one thing people couldn't place a factual definition for, as it meant differently for everyone, it was the one crime even the best detective couldn't solve. Love was a noun, a verb, an adjective, a question. No matter what form, all were as confusing as the one before it.

The question usually associated with love was: "Who?"

The adjective affiliated with love was: "Loving."

The verb related to love was: "Loving, or to love."

The noun group love seemed to be placed in was: "Emotion."

Namjoon now knew all of the different definitions, yet they all led to the same place, the same person. Seokjin.

"Who do I love?" Was perhaps the most obvious of the four. Namjoon knew well that he loved Seokjin with all of his heart, that Seokjin was his heart. Seokjin helped him breathe on the nights where it seemed like he may never do so again, Seokjin kept the blood rushing through him with his words, his touches, Seokjin warmed him with the large hugs he gave. Seokjin was what helped him to live and to get through life.

(To question one's place is to evaluate your own first.)

Namjoon knew that he was loving towards those he loved most, Jimin and Seokjin. However, the two were very different. Jimin was his son, Namjoon would be his protector and would be devoted towards him. Seokjin was his partner, Namjoon would make him happy and keep him warm in all forms for as long as their love lasted. Either way, with love came devotion, and that, Namjoon was willing to provide.

(To describe is to put a name or label onto something that perhaps cannot be labelled.)

To love Seokjin was to constantly feel warm, to love Seokjin was to love the sweet words and actions that came with. To love Seokjin was to love trust, humour, loyalty and generosity. Namjoon was always happy loving Seokjin, just as Seokjin loved him. To love Seokjin was to feel eternally euphoric, no matter what moments of sadness or frustration may occur.

(To do something was to live the life of that something.)

The emotions Namjoon felt associated with love was euphoria, sadness, happiness, frustration and devotion seemingly all at once. Love was a cluster, blending multitudes of colours to eventually form red, despite meaning to form something darker, browner. Namjoon wanted to feel the feelings that came with love forever, and to him, this meant that he loved life for what it was, a whirlwind of colours.

(To feel like one is undeserving of beauty or euphoria is to feel human.)

To lie was to conceal the truth from one's eyes or ears.

To be true was to reveal the fact that was previously hidden.

For Namjoon and Seokjin, truth and lie were not opposites, they were two sides of the same coin.

"For him and I, there is no line between truth and lie, there is only our blurred square of love."

Author's Note: This is the end, hm? This story is finally complete. I couldn't have done it without my supporters and readers telling me to keep going, I couldn't have done it without your words and encouragement. This is why I solely thank you for the masterpiece you have helped me to create. It may be short, and it may be unread by many, but this is something of my creation. Though it may be mine, I couldn't have made it without you there to help me. To the person reading this, thank you for being there.