Chapter 19: Caught Out

It felt nice to have so many kids in the house, at least, that was what Namjoon thought. He felt as if he had a purpose, hosting and taking care of so many people. Yoongi and Taehyung were polite, Yoongi quiet for the most part but Taehyung spoke enough for both of them. The 5 children were currently eating dinner along with Namjoon and Seokjin, who mostly conversed amongst themselves whilst the kids talked to one another excitedly.

"Taehyung-ssi, Yoongi-ssi, what school do you two go to?" Hoseok asked enthusiastically, Yoongi groaned quietly at the thought of school and Taehyung chuckled at him.

"We go to the public school here, we hate it there! You go to the Dance Academy, right?" Jimin nodded, tossing a bright grin in Jungkook's direction, Jungkook blushing subtly at the sight.

"Best dance school in the nation!" They chuckled, continuing to discuss topics with enthusiasm. Seokjin and Namjoon exchanged a look between themselves, and the future couple in their midst (Jimin and Jungkook) and grinned. Everything seemed perfect, at least to the parents.

Later in the night, at maybe 2 in the morning, Namjoon could hear two soft voices speaking. The first was distressed, and the other was calm.

"Hoseok, I don't know what to do." Namjoon froze as Jungkook spoke, silently creeping to the door and crouching down. He knew that he shouldn't be listening, he should be in bed with Seokjin, embracing the warmth his arms gave. However, he hadn't had his teenage drama fix in a long time, and he was hoping he'd get it from this.

Jungkook's voice sounded anxious, as if he'd face impending doom, or at least the k-drama version of impending doom anyways (a crush).

"Okay, first, you need to relax. Breathe for me, yeah?" The second voice was clearly Hoseok, the others seemed to be asleep despite it only being 2 in the morning. A few minutes later, the talking started up again and the loud breathing had become quieter.

"Alright, I think I'm calmer now." Jungkook's voice was slightly louder and significantly less scared, but there was still an undertone of anxiety hidden there.

"Good, can you tell me what's going on?" Hoseok was definitely the therapist friend, Namjoon decided. Jimin was lucky to have such good friends, the ones that he never had whilst in school. He was truly happy for him, but he was also happy to receive the gossip he had been waiting for.

"What I'm about to tell you is really important, so you have to keep it a secret, okay?" Namjoon nearly jumped in anticipation, god, he was desperate.

He kept a close eye on all of Jimin's friends, but most specifically on Jungkook, because not only did he have an IQ of 148, but so did his gaydar. He knew, just knew that Jungkook most likely had feelings for his son.

"Okay, just tell me!" Hoseok was clearly just excited as he was, as he could hear sheets rustling quietly. It was another few minutes before Jungkook said anything, voice quiet as he did so.

"I think I have feelings for Jimin." Namjoon nearly squealed at the confession, Jimin would be so happy, that he just knew. Jungkook and Jimin talked on the phone for hours on the weekends, and Namjoon just knew they weren't platonic in their feelings. 'They say "I love you" at the end of their calls for fuck's sake!'

"I thought everyone knew that?" Hoseok questioned slowly, and Namjoon could just imagine the expression on his face .

"What do you mean EVERYONE KNEW THAT?" Jungkook dramatically proclaimed, most likely gesturing dramatically to indicate everyone. To stop himself from laughing to death and getting caught, Namjoon ran away silently, footsteps unheard.

"Shush! You're going to wake up Jimin's dad!" Was the last thing he heard before slipping into his own room and climbing into his bed, facing Seokjin and placing his hands on Seokjin's bare chest.