Chapter 10: Parent Teacher Interviews

Namjoon waited by the door for Jimin, who was hurriedly looking for shoes.

"Jiminie! Hurry up!" Jimin ran to the entrance, taking a few seconds to catch his breath.

"What's going on with Seokjin-san?" Jimin asked reluctantly.

"He's meeting us there." Namjoon said gently, clearly upset by the prospect. Jimin scowled, 'I caused this, I know I did. I'm the reason why Seokjin-san isn't coming with us, and the reason why Dad is sad. It's because of me...'

"Okay." Namjoon led Jimin outside and to the car, Jimin going into the back. 'I don't feel right going into the passenger seat, Seokjin-san should be there... or in the back with me, I don't know.'

Namjoon started the car and they drove in silence, a stiff feeling in the air. It wasn't from the presence of Namjoon, nor the presence of Jimin, but from the absence of Seokjin.

Namjoon pulled into the car park, stopping the car and sitting in the seat for a few minutes, seemingly anxious by the prospect of going outside. Jimin looked out the window to see what Namjoon was staring at and he saw it. Seokjin. Seokjin, who looked as if he were in pain. Seokjin, who looked lonely without them. Jimin climbed out of the car slowly and went to Namjoon's window.

"You coming Dad?" Namjoon shook his head.

"I'll be a few minutes Jiminie." Jimin nodded and walked to Seokjin, who didn't seem to notice him standing in front of him. Seokjin was leaning against his car, looking the opposite direction of Jimin.

"I'm sorry." Jimin spoke softly. Seokjin turned around to face him, shock evident on his face.

Seokjin didn't think that Jimin would be the one to approach him. He thought that Namjoon would either force him to, or that Seokjin would have to confront him himself. But the turn of events had Seokjin standing up straight, shoulders back, not in a threatening way (out of surprise).

"Jimin-san..." He muttered, looking around with a surprised expression.

"I'm sorry for being so rude to you. My Dad doesn't know what happened, this is of my own accord. I didn't mean to cause a wedge in between the two of you, I suppose I'm just so used to having my Dad to myself that you coming in caused me to be a bit hostile. I know that excuses are never good, but reasoning is." Jimin apologised quietly, looking to the concrete below and avoiding his eyes nervously.

"You didn't cause a wedge, maybe a bit of a gap." Seokjin and Jimin both chuckled, now looking at one another.

"How small of a gap?" Jimin asked cheekily.

"A Jimin sized gap." Jimin looked periodically offended at the jab about his height before laughing again. Out of the corner of Seokjin's eye, he saw Namjoon emerge from the car, dimples on full display at the sight of the two.

"Aww, my son and my boyfriend are getting along!" Jimin laughed, whilst Seokjin choked, momentarily looking confused before realising what Namjoon was doing.

"It would be better if the whole family were here though." Seokjin replied smoothly, taking Namjoon's hand in his. Namjoon grinned wider before facing Jimin. His expression turned serious and concerned, looking to both him and the people passing.

"Jimin, listen. When you left, the people around us gave us some really cold looks." Namjoon started. "And they may look coldly at you too, but you know what you do?" Jimin nodded and grinned.

"Look coldly back, because we don't need no discrimination." Jimin declared quietly, his voice proud.

"That's right!" Seokjin chuckled, placing his hand on Jimin's shoulder and squeezing it before pecking Namjoon on the cheek. Namjoon sputtered, cheeks turning red.