Chapter 11: I love him

Seokjin knocked on the door of the Kim household once more, grinning beautifully with a bouquet of flowers in hand.

"Come in!" Namjoon exclaimed. "Door's always opened for you Seokjin-kun!" Seokjin chuckled lightly, entering the house and dropping a kiss on the top of Namjoon's head cheerily, who acknowledged him with flaming red cheeks. He took the bouquet from Seokjin's hands and thanked him shyly, placing them in water in the kitchen.

Namjoon was currently editing an article, a million thoughts running through his mind. 'Was I just kissed? Oh... it's just Seokjin. Wait a minute- what do you mean just Seokjin? Why are you saying that as if it's not a big deal? It should be a pretty big fucking deal! Also, why are you blushing you fucking idiot, you probably look like a tomato.'

"Jiminie has been asking about you Seokjin-kun... and I might've done a little complaining as well. Visit my son first, you can talk to me later." Seokjin nodded, heading to Jimin's room with a bounce in his step. He was in a great mood, he didn't know why, but he woke up in a fantastic mood, probably from the night previous, in which he had watched movies with Jimin and Namjoon.

"Jimin-kun?"

"Call me Jiminie, you're practically my Dad now anyways." A grin flashed Seokjin's face and he entered the small bedroom, shutting the door behind him. He sat on Jimin's bed, whilst Jimin sat at his desk, looking particularly pissed at what seemed to be homework.

"'What does the color represent?'" Jimin mocked, quotation marks in the air. "I'll show you what these fists represent in a minute!" He exclaimed, looking as if he was going to tear the homework to pieces.

"Hey, hey, hey, Jiminie... slow down." Jimin spun in his desk chair and faced Seokjin, homework in hand.

"I hate Drama!" the sheet of paper waved in Jimin's hand as Jimin flourished it to prove his point. Seokjin grinned and took the paper.

"I graduated from college with an acting degree, let me help." Jimin's eyes widened and he jumped onto the bed, giving Seokjin a black pen.

"You're my savior! Thank you!" Seokjin chuckled, looking over the paper. The questions were by no means hard, but their answer standards were most likely very high.

"So, what color are we looking at?" Seokjin asked Jimin in a calm voice, trying not to laugh at Jimin's exasperated face.

Jimin and Seokjin continued to work on homework, Jimin getting less and less frustrated as Seokjin helped him through it. The pair were relieved when Seokjin finally declared the homework done and Jimin put it away, shoving it into his schoolbag roughly.

"Finally done!" Jimin exclaimed, cheering loudly. Seokjin cheered with him, not noticing the door opening until he saw the person in front of it.

"What are you cheering about? Finally get your Drama homework done Jimin?" Jimin nodded, giggling and smiling like a madman.

"Yep! I got help with it too! Seokjin graduated from university with a degree in acting, didn't you know?" It shouldn't have come as a shock to Namjoon, Seokjin was pretending to be a Dad and boyfriend after all, but he was shocked, nonetheless.

"I- wow... I'm going to get some snacks, alright?" The pair nodded, looking very alike as they did so. Namjoon smiled brightly at the two and left the room, Seokjin looking at the doorway In which he left from fondly. Jimin saw Seokjin and groaned loudly.

"You're so in love! It's kind of disgusting with how cheesy it is, just get together already." Seokjin's head snapped towards Jimin and his eyes widened.

"W- What?" Seokjin stuttered. "In love? I- no..." Seokjin tried hard to deny it, because of his own cowardice and fear of something he could not control.

'Yes.' Jimin thought, he smirked and raised his eyebrows suggestively. Seokjin smacked his arm in warning, but not aggressively.

"I'm not in love with your dad." Seokjin denied aggressively, hands flailing as he did so, looking hilarious to Jimin, who snickered loudly.

'Sure, you're not.'

"Why do you look so disbelieving?" Seokjin asked, knowing that Jimin knew he was lying.

'Because I am!'

"For someone who's supposed to be an actor, you're very bad at denying the truth." Seokjin calmed down, head down, breathing heavily. Jimin could tell, Seokjin was scared, he was scared of something and he didn't know what. It was out of character for Seokjin, and Jimin could tell.

"I'm just worried it's not going to work out." Namjoon carefully placed his ear against the door, hearing Seokjin's voice and getting increasingly worried. 'What's not going to work out?' He still held the snacks in his hands and he listened for a while.

"It will work out if you stop being a coward." His son's soft voice rang through his room. 'What will work out? What is he talking about?'

"How about if we break up? I don't want to hurt you as well. You're a great kid, and Namjoon's a great dad. I don't want to interfere." Namjoon's eyes widened.

"So, you're not denying it anymore?" Jimin asked gently. Seokjin shook his head.

"No. I love Kim Namjoon, and that's the way it is." Namjoon dropped the snacks from shock, running from Jimin's bedroom door, running out the corridor, slamming the front door open and shutting it harshly, running from the house and any other words of confession. He stopped once he reached the road, trying to catch his breath.

Seokjin and Jimin's eyes both comically widened and they looked to one another, opening the door only to find a bucket of popcorn, chips and chocolate, things that all clashed. Seokjin shook his head fondly and picked up the snack, handing the chocolate and chips to Jimin.

"I- I think I'll take my leave. I think Namjoon heard everything." Jimin nodded, taking the chips and chocolate happily.

"Alright, I had a lot of fun. Thanks for coming over. Sorry you didn't get to hang out with my Dad, but hopefully in the future the two of you will be spending a lot more time together." Jimin waggled his eyebrows and winked, causing Seokjin to shake his head fondly at the young child.

"I'll see you soon." Seokjin walked out and took the popcorn with him, smiling at the reminder of the movie night both the previous night and watching Death Note with Namjoon.

Namjoon stood in the middle of an empty road, looking to his left and right for cars, only to find none. The area he was in was completely empty apart from himself, no pedestrians walking on the sidewalk either. He could hear the rush of wind pass him and he shivered, wishing he had worn warmer shoes than his fluffy black house slippers.

"He... loves me?" Namjoon questioned himself. He looked to the cherry tree near the very end of the court, flowers no longer blooming, the only evidence of its existence being the branches that kept it from falling apart.

To Namjoon, love was complicated. He loved Seokjin sincerely, with all of his heart, he could imagine an extensive future and present with him, yet he was so terrified of hurting others, that he wasn't sure whether to go after it or forever burn. He hadn't truly been in love before, lust and love were two different things. With Jimin's mother, it was lust, it was desire. Yet with Seokjin, it was a burning love, burning because of their limits yet beautiful because of the pure emotion it could be.

Namjoon didn't want to hurt Jimin, who he had with him for all of his adult life and almost half of his entire life. He loved Seokjin, yes, but he loved Jimin more, because Jimin was his child, his bundle of treasure, his everything. Seokjin was a slightly forbidden love from an unexpected place.

When he heard that Seokjin loved him back, he was elated. Beyond euphoric. Yet, he also feared acceptance of love, for if everything came crashing down, it would affect the two people he cared about most (Jimin and Seokjin).

As the wind blew and the road remained isolated, Namjoon made a decision.

It was time to make a decision for himself, Namjoon mused. He had never been this happy, even when raising Jimin, and he would do anything to have the both of them in his life.

Even if that meant dating Seokjin without Jimin knowing.  

Author's Note: N/A