Chapter 15: First Date

Namjoon waited in his vintage car for Seokjin, who would be meeting him at the restaurant they would have their first date at. On the bonnet of car was a bouquet of flowers, because he believed that they fit the vintage aesthetic he was going for. Bicycles and cars stared as the drove or rode by, but he regarded them with little acknowledgement. In his opinion, who was a stuck up bint with a truck she didn't even like to judge? He liked vintage, Jimin liked vintage, Seokjin thought it looked cute on him, that was all that mattered.

Eventually, he heard the sound of knocking on the window and he pressed the button that made the window fall, smiling widely when he saw Seokjin.

Seokjin looked incredibly handsome, at least in Namjoon's opinion. He had a simple grey shirt on, the top button undone. 'Undone on purpose.' Namjoon presumed. He had a pair of black skinny jeans and white sneakers on, clearly not the type to coordinate his outfit with sophistication. Namjoon bit back a laugh at the sneakers, they were definitely very Seokjin.

"You look amazing." Namjoon quipped in greeting, grinning cheekily. Seokjin bent down and pecked Namjoon on the cheek, Namjoon's cheeks blushing a pretty shade of pink as a result. Seokjin opened the door and Namjoon hopped out of the car, thanking him quietly, he then shut the door, leaning against the car for a while.

"Are we going to go? Or are we going to make out against your car?" Namjoon squeaked at Seokjin's words then smacked his chest lightly in warning, trying to seem fierce but actually looking adorable. Seokjin took a hold of Namjoon's hand and held it in his, placing his other hand on Namjoon's cheek and tilting his head to catch his attention.

"Is this okay?" Namjoon nodded and Seokjin let go of his cheek, flushing furiously, swinging his hand in Namjoon's gently. The two walked to the restaurant and Namjoon opened the door, the two looking around before going to the counter.

The restaurant had a very light and soft atmosphere; the walls painted a crisp white and laced with a mint green. Plants hung from the ceiling and the counters were a soothing black. The wood was a mid-tone that leaned on the darker side, the seats and tables made of said wood looking immaculate.

"This place is amazing Namjoon, how did you choose it?" Namjoon let go of Seokjin's hand to run a hand through his hair in thought before speaking.

"Jimin and I used to eat here quite a lot to celebrate things and on occasions, however, as Jimin grew older and I grew busier with work, that died down and we stayed at home more often." Seokjin smiled sadly and nodded, looking around the place one last time before spotting something. His eyes widened from surprise and he nearly fainted.

"Seokjin?" Namjoon shook his shoulder gently, snapping Seokjin out of his trance.

"I don't think we'll be able to eat here..." He murmured softly, gesturing to a table in which two seemingly rich people sat.

"Who are they?" Namjoon asked, reaching for his hand gently, which Seokjin rejected.

"My boss and his wife." Namjoon's eyes also widened comically at that statement, seeing the male of the two stand up and walk towards them.

"Why is he walking to us?" Namjoon whispered, sceptical. Seokjin patted his arm as if to communicate his support silently.

"Just go along with what I say." Seokjin smiled brightly, a business smile and bowed once he saw his boss, his boss bowing back in almost an instant. Namjoon also bowed in greeting, staying close to Seokjin.

"What a coincidence! I didn't think I'd see you here boss!" Seokjin laughed with what Namjoon recognised to be a business laugh, 'Did he always have this strong contrast between business and personal?' Namjoon asked himself, whilst smiling politely.