Lackey - 4

{Art's POV}

I wiped my thumb slowly across my lips as the tingly feeling dissipated. My head hung low at the thought of still being the not so special brother. Silence surrounded me. The only slightest noise from the chewing of food from Aaron. I contemplated on saying something but I wasn't able to get anything out of my mouth. As I was finally able to come up with something my phone starting ringing.

"L- let me take this." I laughed nervously as I got up and answered. "Hey, what's up?.....Sorry about running away like that. I had somewhere to be.....I'll tell you at home I'm kinda busy....seriously I'm fine don't worry about me....yes I know.....yes thank you goodbye." I sighed ending the call on my brother.

I glanced at Aaron but it seemed like he had no energy to care for my phone call. He barely picked up his spoon of food. Man he must be tired. "Aaron? Are you okay?" I approached him and moved his hair out of his face like before. There was sweat on his forehead but his skin was still soft. His eyes were closed and his spoon was still frozen in the air. "Aaron?" I grab the spoon from out of his hands and place it on the tray next to him. I then sat next to him and slowly lowered his body so his head was on my lap and he can sleep peacefully.

I man I hate this but I'd rather do this than have what happened earlier happen again. How am I gonna explain to Zen that I'm being forced to be this guy's lackey? He'd go berserk. Sometimes I wonder if he's the older brother or if I am. Damn it. I lean my head back on the fence and close my eyes feeling the cool breeze. I wonder why Aaron wanted me to become his Lackey. Did he notice how I was always in the shadows? Does he want to bring me out of them and embarrass me?

I lightly began to bang my head on the fence behind me to try and get my brain to create a plausible answer. After the third bang the fence felt softer. I stopped being an idiot I realized it wasn't the fence, it was a hand. And the only hands besides mine were Aaron's. I opened my eyes and looked down to meet eyes with Aaron's eyes. He moved my hair out of my eyes so our eye contact wouldn't break.

"D-did I wake you?" I can feel my face getting red again. From this angle, He looks really good. Has anyone seen him from type of angle? He smiled at me, "No, I just got enough rest." He leaned off my lap and back onto the fence. That's the first time I've seen him smile...

"You know banging your head won't help you think about whatever is troubling you." He picked up his tray and ate a little of his food before putting it back down. I looked back down and fumbled with my hoodie strings. "Habit." I respond back quietly. Aaron doesn't say another word. Silence surrounds us again until he begins to get up. "Take the tray's back to the lunch room and meet me at the stairs. Don't be late." I nod and clean up quickly knowing what happens when I'm late or I make another mistake.

Though.....I didn't entirely hate it....