Chapter 4 - Bilal

After returning back to our head office from the Emir's palace, I took care of some things before preparing for home. "Have you sent that lady the Email I asked you to?" I said to Khalil through the two way intercom in my office. "Don't tell me you have forgotten fa!"

"I sent it to her already, sir" He replied.

"Good!" I sighed, heading out of my office.

It had been long I visited my parents, thus I told my driver to drive me there first before going back home. My parents lived in a five bedroom flat at Samaru, I was the one that bought the house for them just few months into my marriage with Rahina. I wanted to make sure they live a happy life and to also enjoy the luxury of this world before it ends. As for my siblings, Amal and Zubair, I made sure they both got admission into ABU Zaria. They were presently in their first and second levels respectively. I wanted them to get the opportunity I never had, and to also become successful people in the future. I also didn't want them to end up marrying the wrong person because of wealth — just like me!

While on my way to the house, I asked my driver to pullover at a shopping mall. You know, I can't just visit my parents without getting them something. "Wait right here, I won't stay long" I said as I alighted the car.

"Okay sir" The driver said.

"Good!" I uttered as I shut the door off.

There were many shops in the mall, thus I went to the one that was closer. And after purchasing all the things that crossed my mind like breads, milk, chocolates, sugar, I decided to return back to the car. "Drive" I uttered to my driver, thence off we went...

As soon as we arrived at our destination, I alighted from the car and headed into the house. My siblings were so happy to see me, perhaps they missed me a lot. Same also my parents, but after the greetings my mother changed her emotion and told me to come with her into her room which I gladly did.

"Mama, is everything okay?" I asked.

"It is you whom I should ask, Bilal" She said sitting on her bed. "Why is it that whenever you are asked about your wife, Rahina, you would first heave a sigh before answering?"

"Hmmm" I heaved a sigh again. If only she knew what exactly my situation was at the moment, if only she knew I did not love my wife as I had claimed. "It is nothing, mama"

"Nothing? Are you sure?" She queried.

"Yes, mama" I faked a smile.

"Alright then" She sighed.

"Okay, mama" I gulped.

"But gaskiya if there is any problem I don't think hiding it is the best o!" She cautioned.

"Hmm, there is no problem mama!" I lied. I really didn't want her to know I didn't love Rahina, if she knew she wouldn't be happy.

"Toh, how work?" She changed the topic.

"Work is fine, mama..." I replied.

And that was how we kept on talking until Rahina called and asked where I was. And after telling her where I was she told me to send all her regards to my parents and my siblings too, which I did just after the call!

*******

I didn't leave my parents' house until it was quarter past eight, hence I went back home after having prayed both Magrib and isha'i respectively. Upon my arrival, I met Rahina pacing round the parlor with Kamal in her back. Actually, the boy could be troubling at times. "AsSalama Alaykum, I'm back" I said.

"Wa'alaykumus Salam" She uttered walking towards me. "Welcome, my husband. How's everyone over there, hope they're all fine?"

"Yes, they are!" I said as I pecked her on her forehead. "It seems Kamal is troubling you"