Chapter 15 - Aliya

After telling Bilal to stay away from me, I went back to my office and continued reading "Replacement Girl" from where I stopped yesterday. I knew where I stopped even though he had tempered with the book. By the way, it seemed he liked it too. Oh yeah, who wouldn't like the novel? Can't believe I was even in love with the author already, he based at Minna and I hoped to meet him someday. Wouldn't it be great if I do that? I smiled focusing my attention on the book.

I kept reading until someone knocked my door. "Yes, come in!" I huffed looking towards the door. Who could that be? I wondered.

"Okay" The person said as he gently walked into my office. It was Jabril, the Construction Manager. "Good Morning" He greeted me.

"Morning sir" I kept my book aside and stood to my feet. "How may I help you sir?" I amicably asked the fact that I had no business with him.

"Actually," He said as he shut the door behind him. "I am here to talk about something, can I have a seat please?" He asked.

"Yes, sure" I gulped gesturing towards one of the visitors swivel chairs facing me. And as soon as he sat down, I also did the same.

"First of all, I know we personally haven't talk before. It's just that I don't like associating myself with people, especially women..." He said as I cut in.

"Why?" I asked.

"Hmm" He huffed and shook his head. "Never mind. I am just here to warn you about Bilal, he's actually married to my cousin but likes chasing other women" He said making me to focus my attention on him. "Beautiful women like you can be lured into bed by him, he knows his ways so becareful okay?"

"Okay sir" I nodded my head in acknowledgement. "Thank you sir" I added thinking about what he said, so I was right after all? Verily, I knew Bilal was a damn womanizer and by God's grace I would never be counted among his victims.

"You are welcome dear, I should go now" Jabir stood to his feet with a sigh. "Don't forget to report him to me if he harass you again. You can as well gather evidences against him, okay?"

"Okay sir" I nodded my head again.

"Good" He said and gently walked to the door. "Take care" He glanced at me one more time.

"Thank you" I gulped and watched him as he left. I never really thought he was as nice and concerned as this, and if I am not mistaking the General Manager had once told me he wasn't a nice person. Was she lying to me or what? I wondered as I continued reading my novel.

...

Work today was less, I had only uploaded some information on our social media handles... and when it was time for home I took my bag and left home. By the way, I had finished reading "Replacement Girl" and trust me when I say I enjoyed the book. I had really learned a lot from the book, it taught me about trust, patience, and also hope. No matter what in life, never despair. Be patient, hopeful, and keep your trust in God. Kudus to the writer, Muhammad Abubakar (KingMoha). I hoped to see him soon!

"Welcome back, Aliya" Balaraba greeted me the moment I set my foot in the house, she was dusting the sofas.

"Thanks, Balaraba" I said as hungry as I was. "Is there still lunch?" I asked.

"Not really, Fawad came and took the one I kept for you in the warmer. He said he was very hungry" She said.

"That brute!" I cursed.

"Don't worry dear, I will soon prepare dinner or do you want an instant noodles?" She said.

"Yes please, and make it fast 'cause I am damn hungry" I said as I began heading towards the stairs.

"Right away, Aliya" She said and walked her way to the kitchen.

While in my room, I took shower in the bathroom and then changed into a kimono. I packed my hair in a ponytail, applied some powder and then hopped onto my bed with my phone unyielded in my hand. Now it was time for chatting, I smiled turning on the data of my phone.

The first message that appeared was Hajiya's from WhatsApp, she sent a video of her with Fawad's mother aboard flight. "This is us, at 10,000 feet above sea level" She said and just then Fawad's mother chimed in. "Yes and network won't be accessible as we climb higher till we are down, hence take care of yourself and also Fawad please" She said making me to pause the video, take care of myself and who did she even said? Fawad? I scoffed and continued watching the video. "As soon as we land at Paris I will text you, okay? Bye!" Hajiya said. "Yes, bye!" Fawad's mother added. Thus, I smiled and replied back with an offline voice note telling them to be safe.

...

When my food was ready, Balaraba called and served me. I was happy how she added some fried eggs on it, "Thank you" I said as I gently began eating the meal.

"You are welcome" She beamed at me and returned back to her work.

While eating my food, the thought of Bilal bounced into my head. What a waste, how he turned his life into. I really pity his wife, what if he brought STD to her someday? She shouldn't have even married him in the first place. I don't think I can marry such men because they will never be satisfied with one woman the fact that they are used to sleeping with different kind of women. Yes, or isn't that the kind of person he is?

By the way, what was he thinking about me? He thought I would be stupid enough to fall for his looks or something right? He really should think again. Of course he was damn cute but also damn bad, I would never be deceived by any man's looks. What's looks when someone is bad? Special thanks to Sir Jibril for the heads up earlier at work, I really should becareful with Bilal.

I continued eating my meal until Fawad arrived later, all sweats. "Hello everyone!" He said dropping his car key on the couch.

"Welcome back, Fawad" Balaraba greeted him.

"Thanks, Balaraba" He beamed at her before walking over to me in the dining. "Queen, can I join you?" He requested.

"No!" I disagreed but he pulled a chair and sat opposite me anyways. "Why are you always stubborn, Fawad?" I asked him.

"Hmm, am I really stubborn all the time or just occasionally?" He said as he collected the spoon I was eating with and took a spoonful of my food to his mouth. "Yummy!" He commented and continued. "Did you cooked it? Damn, I would be lucky to have a wife like you"

"You are really stubborn, Fawad" I stood up to my feet and rolled my eyes at him. "Eat the rest and don't forget to clear the table before returning back home"

"Home?" He wrinkled one of his brows. "Is like you haven't been told about my recent relocation yet" He said turning to Balaraba. "Woman, didn't you told her?" He asked.

"Sorry Fawad, I forgot..." She said as he cut in.

"Don't worry, let me tell her myself" He cleared his throat and turned to me. "This is my home from now on, until my lovely mum returns back"

"Hell no, Fawad!" I protested. "Hajiya didn't tell me anything about this and I can't have it. You should kindly go back home after eating, I don't want any trouble okay baby bro?" I said.

"Hmm" He sighed staring at me. "What if I tell you I asked her and she agreed?"

"Asked who? That's a joke!" I scoffed the fact that Hajiya would (perhaps) never allow him to sleep in our house, she really didn't like him sleeping over because she didn't want any harm to come to me from him. Since our childhood, she forbade us from spending too much time together. And now he's telling me she gave him go-ahead to sleep in our house? Why should I believe him?

"I swear I am not joking, she even gave me the key to the first guest room" He said as he brought out a key from his pocket and showed it to me. "You can go and check if you still don't believe me, my things are even in the room already"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

My people, I am so sorry... it's my contracts with all those novel companies that slowed me down but it's over already. I am done with the necessary things, and now I am back!