Chapter 32 - Bilal

"Seriously I think you should go for checkup, Rahina" I said while preparing for work. Today was Monday and I was already getting late.

"Why do you keep insisting I should go for checkup, my king? You; yourself know it's just a minor fever and by the way I've recovered already" She said as she gently held my hand and placed the hardel on her neck. "You see, my temperature is normal" She winked.

"Yes I know, but I still think you should..." I was saying when she placed her lips on mine, stopping me from continuing which clearly meant she didn't want to go for checkup but wouldn't going be the best for her? At least we'd get to know what was wrong with her.

"I am fine, okay?" She said as she gently pulled her head away from mine. "I am perfectly fine but if you don't believe me then," She gestured towards the bed. "We can go there and find out"

"No, no, no, I believe you!" I blurted making her to burst into laughter.

"Huh? I thought you didn't believe me" She said.

"Not anymore, I believe you now" I said accepting defeat.

"Haba my king," She said scornfully. "Ga fili fa ga mai doki (proverb; here is the field and here is the horse rider)"

"Hmm" I sighed checking my wristwatch. "I have to go Rahina, wallahi I am getting late"

"Tohm," She sighed as well and continued. "A dawo lafiya (i.e be safe)"

"In Shaa Allah" I said giving her a peck. "Take care of yourself and Kamal"

"I will" She assured me. Thus I grabbed my suitcase and headed out to work.

Today I was the one that drove myself, reason because Sani was mildly ill and I couldn't use Rahina's driver. I didn't trust him like I trusted Sani with my whereabouts.

The moment I was in my office I found Sufyan going through some files on my desk. "Morning, workaholic" I greeted him.

"Morning sir" He glanced at me with a smile. "How was your night sir?"

"Perfect" I said making him to laugh. "What's funny?" I wrinkled a brow at him as I settled down in my desk.

"Nothing sir" He concealed.

"Say it!" I persuaded him.

"Hmm, okay sir" He huffed and continued. "Actually, it's how you uttered the PERFECT that made me laughed out"

"Just that?" I glared at him.

"Yes sir, because your perfect tells me..." He couldn't continue his words when I carried a folder on my desk and whooped him with it. "Sorry sir" He said giggling.

"You sound just like K-brown in Mark Angel comedy" I said to him.

"Thank you sir" He said amending his voice. "Wow, found it!" He jubilated as he drew a file from the bunch of files on my desk.

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's the file I've been looking for, the Construction Manager asked for it" He said.

"Okay, and that reminds me. How is our work over there, is it progressing well?" I asked the fact that it had been long I visited the site.

"Super great sir, I gat us covered" He said.

"See you!" I eyed him making him to giggle again. "Well," I continued. "Keep on with the good work"

"Alright sir" He said and then bade me goodbye before leaving.

My schedule for today include visiting the construction site but trust me, I didn't feel like going there today. Another thing on the list was addressing the new interns which I didn't also feel like doing today, was I even ready for today's work? I wondered.

After the little signings, phone calls, I decided to check on Aliya in her office. I had missed her, and maybe that was why I couldn't even do my major tasks today. If you could remember, I was unable to talk to her few days ago due to Fawad's selfishness.

Anyways, his jurisdiction only prevailed in their house not in my company. No one dared stop me from talking to her here, not even him if he was to be here. I beamed while confidently walking to her office.

Immediately I was by the door of the office, I huffed before salaaming inside. Hence I found her weeping. "Aliya? What happened to you?" I asked walking over to her desk.

"What? No, I mean... nothing!" She said as she sniffed.

"Nothing, and you are in tears?" I asked looking straight into her eyes.

"In tears? No, I'm not in..." She said and then paused and touched her face, it seemed she didn't even know she was in tears but what could be wrong with her?

"Tell me what's wrong, please Aliya" I said as I sat by the edge of her desk. "Please my dear" I insisted and that was it, she broke into tears and began narrating everything to me.

Her story rendered me speechless the fact that I'd never expected someone like Fawad to do what she said he did, even though it wasn't for me to judge him without hearing his own side of the story.

She kept crying until I held her shoulders, stood her up and gently embraced her. "It's okay dear, he doesn't worth your tears" I said while patting her back gently. "Be strong, my... dear" I stuttered enjoying her warmness, I believed she was enjoying mine too.

"I trusted him" She said amidst sob. "I trusted him with my life," She continued. "Wallahi Bilal, I never knew Fawad would... would ever attempt to rape me"

"It's okay Aliya, please stop talking" I held her more tightly. "The more you talk, the more you will feel the pain"

"I wish that's true, but reverse is the case Bilal" She said and just as I was about consoling her more, someone bounced into the office making us to both look towards the door.

"Sir? Aliya?" The person said wrinkling her brows. It was Amirah, the General Manager. "Hmm, sorry to interrupt you guys" She huffed about leaving when I halted her.

"What are you here for?" I asked her.

"To see Aliya, my friend" She said with her eyes fixed at us.

"Okay then," I huffed and gently averted from Aliya. "Your friend wants to see you" I said wiping off her tears for her. "Don't forget what I told you earlier, he doesn't worth your tears okay?"

"Okay" She nodded lightly as she sniffed again.

Thus, I beamed at her and left with Amirah looking at me in puzzlement. I trusted she would never reveal what she saw to anyone so I didn't warn her about it.

Immediately I returned back to my office I called Fawad and hopefully he picked up after few rings. "Hello" He said.

"Hi," I replied and continued. "Can we meet?"

"Now? No sir, I'm busy at work" He said making me to chuckle.

"At work or at home?" I said the fact that I knew he was lying.

"What do you mean sir?" He asked.

"What I mean is you are at home, I can hear the sound of... whatever it is you are frying there" I said rendering him speechless. "Look Fawad, I just want us to talk about something that's all" I added.

"Fine then, meet me in..." He said as I cut in.

"Your mother's house?" I said.

"How did you know?" He asked sounding surprised.

"Aliya told me everything" I replied.

"Okay then" He said and hanged off the call.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

And here comes another update, yay!

Loads of love💖