Chapter 28 - Bilal

What happened today wasn't really what I planned for but was partially part of my plan and right now I was a step closer to getting Aliya. My plan was to be secretly drawing her closer to me while pretending as if I didn't really care about her nor do I have anything to do with her. It was a great idea, I know!

And my first thought was to get her promoted to Media Director. That way she wouldn't escape coming to my office to report every aspect of her department to me but doing that will raise suspicion the fact that to reach that position in less than a year of appointment is highly questionable. She was a very new staff.

Hence I opted for something less suspicion, which was to change the submission time for staff monthly reports and then warn the head of her department not to tell her about it. It worked, he didn't. And when she went to submit her report to him he told her she was late and then directed her to me which was also part of my plan to bring her closer to me.

Everything worked as planned although at first I feared she wouldn't come because I had waited for her in my office for like forever while I kept telling myself to be more patient, after all she was the PRO and her reports were among the vital and must-heard reports in the company which she perfectly understood.

Well, as soon as I was tired of waiting for her I decided not to waste my time. By the way I had a meeting to attend to, a board meeting with our board members and Cassandra would be helping me with some of the important staff reports that needed to be addressed in the meeting. Albeit, they weren't bulky but wouldn't it sound awkward if I carried them myself?

That aside, the moment I stepped out of my office the first person I saw was Aliya. I quickly averted my gaze and pretended like I didn't see her. Actually I was so surprised to see her because I never thought she would be coming again. "Sir?" Cassandra pulled me out of my trance as she stood to her feet.

"Yes Cassandra," I gulped about to continue when she intruded.

"Do you need anything sir?" She politely asked.

"Yes, can you help me with the staff reports on my table? I need you to follow me to the conference room with them" I said.

"Okay sir!" She said as she quickly left her desk and ran past me into my office. She was a very agile, hardworking lady.

"Take the selected ones only, the ones I placed a stapler on them" I said watching her from the door as she approached my desk.

"Okay sir!" She said.

"Yes, they are the most important ones for now" I added and then sighed. Thus, I turned to Aliya and caught her staring at me. She quickly turned her face away and stood still, making me to wonder whether she was willing to submit her report or not. By the way, she looked beautiful as always. "Is that your report, stranger?" I asked and guess what? She rose her face and gave me a weird look. She must be wondering why I called her a stranger, well that was because we've been strangers to each other for a week now. We had both been minding our own business.

"Yes, it's my report sir!" She responded.

"May I have it?" I stretched a hand to her.

"Sure!" She said walking over to me when suddenly she lost balance and just as she was about falling down, I ran over to her and quickly grabbed her. Believe me, I had to put a lot of force to bring her back to her feet because she was slightly overweight.

"Here are the..." Cassandra said from behind us before pausing, probably looking at us by now with the reports I asked her to bring. "Sorry, I think I should go ahead of you sir" She said as she politely excused us.

My hands were still on Aliya's waist and trust me, I wanted pulling them off but something told me not to. And that same thing was what told me to embrace her and kiss her on her forehead, but wouldn't that be a transgression? Of course it would and I might end up receiving a hot slap on my face like last week.

"I should be going, or what do you think?" I said in a low tone after deciding not to get myself into any form of trouble, my aim was to bring us together by heart not by romance.

"Oh, yes... yes!" She nodded her head vigorously as she gently pulled away from me. "You should sir"

"Okay then" I collected her report and then left to the conference room for our board meeting.

Throughout the meeting I couldn't stop thinking about Aliya, she smelled good and... and... everything about her was just perfect to me. I might be obsessed with her body shape etc but truth be told, everything about her was perfect to me. Her sexy eyes, her nose, her lips... named the rest 💖

After the meeting, I went to my office with the Chief Accountant to sign some papers. Those papers were vital, if I didn't sign them no staff would receive their salary for this month. Hence I signed the papers and then handed them back to him. "Thank you, sir!" He said as happy as he was. But then, who wouldn't be happy to receive his salary today? Even Aliyah of all people would!

"You are welcome, Emeka" I cheerfully said to him and that was it, he took his bow and swiftly headed out of my office to process the authorized transactions.

After observing my Asr prayer I prepared for home and then headed out of my office. Tomorrow would be Sunday, I would have a broad rest tomorrow. I said to myself as I bade Cassandra goodbye and then headed to the elevator.

Just as I was outside our Head Office and was walking towards the parking lot, my eyes caught up with a young police officer talking to one of our securities by the gate. What is he doing here? I wondered as I changed course and began walking towards them. Unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough. He left before I reached the gate.

"Who was that?" I asked the security that talked to him.

"Oga, it was a policeman from..." The security replied as I cut in.

"What was he doing here?" I uttered out of curiosity.

"He said he's looking for Aliya" The security replied.

"Aliya?" I puzzled.

"Yes, Oga" The security said and continued. "I told him she has left already!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yay!

Finally I've fulfilled my promise by updating you guys...

How was the chapter?

Sorry for the errs abegy💖