Chapter 40 - Bilal

"I know you love me and I also have feelings for you too but please Bilal, just listen to me. Rahina needs you more than I do, and I really don't want to come inbetween you guys so please just be with her and forget about..."

Aliya was saying when I hissed and terminated the call. What had gone into her this afternoon, was she insane or what? I wondered withdrawing to my feet. I should meet her this instant!

I took my car keys from the desk and headed out of my office. Even though Sani had recovered, I had still chose to be driving myself. I went to the parking lot, stormed into my car and quickly ignited the engine into action.

While on my way to Aliya's house, my phone rang and when I checked I found out it was my mother. Thus, I picked the call and greeted her but guess what? She didn't reply my greetings, she had only asked me to come over to their house that instant. It was strange, so strange! She even had to hiss before ending the call. Was everything okay?

I maneuvered and changed my course, I should be in the house in less than 10 minutes because it wasn't that far from where I currently was. I just pray the call isn't about my absence in our family house, God knows I had been busy these days. Sometimes I used to even forget about my own self.

Shortly after I arrived at the house, my brother Zubair approached me. They were on strike so I expected to see Amal at home too. While walking towards the flat, I asked Zubair why our mother called me. I wanted to be hinted, or at least be briefed but Zubair only shook his head with a sigh and said it'd be better if I talk to her myself.

On stepping into the flat, I was welcomed with glares from our mother. She didn't even allow me to greet her, she gestured to me to follow her to their room which I did. Thus she started yelling at me. "What do you think you are doing, Bilal? Trying to spoil our image right? Oh, you want the whole world to say we became rich through Rahina and now we are trying to bring in another woman into the house right?" She said with her arms akimbo.

"Another woman?" I puzzled. "Who told you that, mama?"

"Don't even try to pretend, wallahi we heard everything and to say your father and I are disappointed in you is an understatement. What did you lack in your house please? Your wife is beautiful and she's obedient to you so what do you want again?" She uttered and continued. "Is it the woman that will come and fight Rahina that you want or the woman that will come and take away everything the girl sacrificed for you?" She added making me to wonder how on this cruel earth she got to know about Aliya, who the heck told her?

"Mama, it's not like that..."

"Oh yes? Are you saying we were fooled or what, or are you trying to tell me all this is not true?" She said making me to gulp hard.

"Mama, it's true but..."

"Bilal you are not marrying any second wife, I forbid you from doing that and even after my death I won't be happy with you if you do that. Can't you just thank Allah for giving you Rahina? Me ta rasa (what does she lack)?" She said in a percing tone. "Your wife gave us a good life, is this how you will pay her back?"

"Mama please hear me out..."

"Get out of my room!" She clamoured, and even when I tried imploring her by kneeling in front of her she had only drew back and told me to just leave. She made it clear to me that she would never allow me to get married to another wife and when my father came out of the bathroom and met us, he also supported her. He told me to reason the matter, to use my brain and not follow my heart.

I was in deep pain, I felt like telling them I didn't really love Rahina but that would only fuel the fire so I decided to hold back my words. I left them in anger, and despite warning me not to confront Rahina about it I dragged her to our room as soon as I returned back home and then locked the door. "What did you told my parents?" I asked removing my belt. "You better start talking before I beat the hell out of you!" I sequeled allowing my anger to rule over me.

"Subhanallah Bilal, what are you talking about? I don't understand. I've done nothing!" She said thinking I was joking until I threw a stroke of the belt to her. "Innalillahi wa inna'ilaihi raji'un!" She screamed as she quickly dodged it, I never knew my wife was a spider-woman. "Bilal I swear I didn't do anything, I only talked to Aliya and... gave her that car, I actually bought it in her name. Please Bilal I am so sorry but I didn't do anything"

"If you didn't do anything, how then did my parents knew about Aliya?" I asked.

"Your parents? Wallahi I didn't talk to them about it, I swear to Allah. Please believe me Bilal, why should I even do that?" She said and just then she broke into tears and knelt down. "Wallahi I didn't talk to your parents about it, believe me at least for the sake of my love for you and for the sake of Kamal and our unborn child"

Her words weakened me, and before I knew it I had released the belt I was holding in my hand. "But who told my parents about it?" I uttered wondering who could do such a thing. "I don't seem to understand, Rahina" I huffed sitting wearily on the edge of the bed.

"Probably my mother" She said with a sniff as she stood and met me where I sat. "What happened? What did they said to you?" She asked sitting close to me. I so much wanted to break down but I persuaded myself to be strong. "Talk to me Bilal, your pain is my pain..."

"I don't wanna talk about it" I snapped at her burying my face in my palms. "I am sorry for acting weird earlier, I just need some space Rahina"

"I will give you the space you need my husband, but before then I want you to please know that I will always support you in whatever you want to do even if I would be pained" She pecked me on my hair and left.

Just then, I unintentionally broke into tears remembering my mother's words. The woman was right but I just loved Aliya too much to let Rahina go which was why I became furious and confused, all at the same time.

Indeed Rahina was unique, the woman that would always chose me even if I was to cut her into pieces until she dies. She loved me unconditionally, wholeheartedly, and respect my decisions. But believe you me, Aliya was just the person I truly loved and wished to be with.

While thinking non-stop, my phone began ringing. It was Aliya but I couldn't pick the call. I allowed it to end, thus she called again... this time around I rejected it. I was somehow angry with her, you know, for suggesting we should end our relationship as if she doesn't love me. Does she even truly love me?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Wow, chapter 40!

3 more chapters to go and we are done, In Shaa Allah.

Enjoy your night update ❤️

Don't forget to scroll down for update.