Chapter 20 - Bilal

Yesterday was terribly bad for me, I was wounded on the head by the locals of Galma - together with some of my staff members at our construction site. And just as we were on our way to the hospital, I decided to inform Rahina about it. I wanted her to know everything in case I didn't survive the injury because I was bleeding badly.

I knew I would die if I didn't get the medical attention I needed in time, but when I called Rahina and told her about the situation she overreacted and asked me to kindly return back home to avoid getting harm again by those 'animals' as she called them. She feared lest they follow me to the hospital but would that even be possible?

Well I succumbed to her wish and told my driver to drive me home while the rest of the wounded staff proceeded to the hospital. It was all my fault, I owed them apologies. Perhaps if I had listened to the head of our securities then this wouldn't have happened to us but I followed my heart instead, and did what I thought was right.

As soon as we arrived home, Rahina rushed towards us and helped my driver in walking me into our apartment. I could see how pathetic our servants were looking at me, some had even started becoming emotional. The only person that didn't show any concern was Rahina's mother, she didn't even say 'sorry' to me. She only glanced at me, that's all.

Just as we were in our room upstairs, Rahina placed a call to our family doctor. "Hurry up please, they are back" She had said to the woman before squealing. "What? What do you mean by something urgent came up?" She had puzzled. "Okay but can't someone replace you in the theatre?" She had asked and continued. "Fine then, no problem!"

I watched as she angrily ended the call and turned to me pathetically. I knew it was a dead end so before she could make any suggestion for our next move I decided to tell her about Fawad. At first she didn't agree on the idea of a 'nurse' treating me but after so much persuasion by me she finally agreed, thus I called him over and he treated me.

After treating me he stayed till in the evening before he left, he was such a nice person and I really enjoyed his company. He was actually the only outsider allowed to see me, Rahina had refused to let visitors to have access to our room talkmore of conversing with me. Not even Sufyan, my aide nor Amirah, the General Manager. Even M.S Yahaya, one of our board members wasn't allowed to see me.

Again she seized my phone and took responsibility of talking to my callers, those calling to confirm about my health. She also used her phone to place numerous calls to various government officials about what happened to me. She told them to take legal action on the culprits else she would sue them all together with the commissioner of police, CP Isah Nasir to court.

All that didn't really bother me, what bothered me was the fact that Aliya was really Fawad's girlfriend. Ask me how I found that out and I would tell you it was when she called him while we were talking, she asked him to come pick her up from our head office but since he was busy here he told her to look for a cab. I didn't hear what she was saying though but the way he was talking to her and calling her his baby, I knew they were both in love.

Rahina even had to ask him about her after the call and as proudly as he was he told us they were so close to getting married, it's just about time. That really hurt my feelings but I hid everything and pretended like I was happy for him. Rahina however was genuinely happy for him, she even advised him not to waste time to avoid losing such a beautiful girl to a brute. If only she knew how much I would like to be that brute!

******

Today after taking my breakfast, I took my pills with the help of Rahina. One funny thing was how Kamal was looking at me, so pathetically. And whenever I was about to take a pill he would cover his face, making me to smirk at him after swallowing the pill.

"He hate pills that's why he's covering his face" Rahina said as she arranged my remaining pills and kept them on the bedside table for me.

"I know, I also hate pills when I was a kid" I said getting hold of the boy's hand. "Come here my boy" I placed him on my lap as he focused his gaze on my head, perhaps staring at the bandage.

"Wow, you never told me that" Rahina said as she returned back to where she was sitting on which was on the edge of the bed very close to me.

"Well I am telling you now" I huffed staring at her, she looked so tired with her puffy eyes. Actually, she had barely slept last night. "You need to rest, Rahina" I uttered.

"Why did you say that, my love?" She asked.

"Because you look tired" I answered.

"Hmm, tired?" She scoffed.

"Yes, tired" I said as a matter of factly.

"Okay I will rest but not now" She stubbornly said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I won't be able to sleep, just like last night" She said fidgeting her fingers. "I don't know why but I think it's because of your condition" She added and just then her mother gently pushed our door open.

"Rahina, is Kamal here?" The woman asked. "Au, ashe yana nan (oops, so he's here)!" She uttered the moment she saw the boy on my lap.

"Eh yana nan (yes he's here)" Rahina said as she gently stretched her hand and brushed the boy's head with her hand. "He's with his father" She added.

"Oh, I thought I could play with him" Her mother said.

"That should be later!" Rahina coldly said before turning to her mother. "Did you even greet Bilal ever since he returned?"

"Bilal? I... I think I greeted him the moment he was brought back yesterday" Her mother said, it was so obvious in her face that she was just lying.

"Right?" Rahina said and continued. "How about today, tell me you greeted him today too!"

"What do you mean, Rahina?" Her mother muttered wearing a sad face.

"What I mean is..." Rahina was saying when I quickly chimed in.

"Rahina it is okay" I said and then looked towards her mother. "Good morning, mama" I greeted the woman who by now was already glaring at me.

"Morning" She coldly responded and left slamming our door.

"You should have let me correct her, she's making a big mistake and I can't have it here" Rahina lamented.

"How? You mean I should have let you humiliate your mother? Do you even know what you are saying?" I wrinkled a brow at her.

"Humiliate her as in how? She refused to greet you, how is that good? No, I can't have that in this house. It doesn't matter who she is, I will tell her the truth. Yesterday I was just looking at her, she looked at you and turned her face away. Now she's claiming she greeted you, that's nonsense..." Rahina angrily said, and seeing how angry she was I decided to keep quiet and let her continue after all she had every right to be angry with her self-centered mother.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hmm, finally we at chapter 20!

I know I didn't write this chapter very well, I am so sorry🙏