Chapter 34 - Bilal

When I visited Fawad yesterday he told me practically everything that had happened between him and Aliya, and also why he did what he did. What touched me was how he was weeping while narrating the story to me.

"Bilal, I love Aliya with whole my heart. Wallahi I love her even though we grew up together like siblings. She was the one and only woman I wish to live my life with and to build my family with but somehow, she doesn't love me in return.

I tried my best to make her happy, to make her love me but all to no avail. It seems like she's not written to be mine, but why would God do this to me? I mean, I love her a lot so why can't He make her love me in return? Is not like she officially has a boyfriend...

I know what I did to her was so wrong, I also regretted it wallahi Bilal but I swear I wasn't trying to... to rape her. If I wanted raping her I would have done that long ago, and in her room. There were so many ways I could deflower her without her knowing but I didn't.

Look Bilal, I lost control of myself due to the anger she caused me that was why I molested her. And right now I... I don't even know how to apologize to her. Maybe she's already planning on how to tell our parents what I did to her, that's if she hasn't done that yet..."

He kept on talking until he was finally done, thus I told him to calm down and that I would get back to him after talking to Aliya. Also, I told him not to force her into dating him because he may end up not enjoying the relationship the fact that she might not give him the care he deserved. I also told him to always use his brain.

And when I was about leaving, he thanked me so very much for understanding him. He also vowed not to do what he did to her again, nor disturb her life. I trust he meant his words so I left him happily. Happily because he was no longer an obstacle to me nor chain on the neck when it comes to the issue of Aliya. The funniest thing was how remorseful he looked when I asked him why he once lied to me about being Aliya's boyfriend.

Well I drove off en route our head office, where I found Aliya about going home. She said she was having a piercing headache so I drove her home, and there; by their gate she vomited. Thus I gave her a bottle water to wash her face with which she did, then I walked her into their house to take some pills and rest. I had wanted going back home to my family after that but eventually changed my mind in fear lest Aliya wake up sick in the night.

So I slept in their house, and in the morning I left home after having talked to Aliya about what Fawad told me. She didn't say anything though, it seemed she didn't want to hear anything about him. How sad, she was heartbroken. But surely I would mend that heart for her, but how would I even do that? Hypothetically, she was starting to love me which means there was a need for me to act fast about Rahina.

When I went home, Rahina asked where I slept even though I had lied to her last night that I was having a serious business deal to take care of. It seemed she didn't believe me, it seemed she wanted to know exactly where I was. Well, I told her I booked a hotel and went further to lie more about my fake business deal. Hopefully, she was convinced. How foolish I made her to be!

I ate my breakfast, prepared for work and just as I pecked her and was about leaving to work she asked me how Aliya was. The hell? The question actually came as a surprise to me, what did she knew about us? I wondered before telling her Aliya was sound and healthy. Thus, she told me to greet her for her. That was a startling thing, I had to ponder all my way to work. What did she really knew about me and Aliya?

I kept wondering until something came into my mind. Perhaps Rahina was just asking about Aliya in order to know how she is since it had been long they met. It sounds normal to make such enquires, right? Then I shouldn't worry! I huffed shrugging the thought aside as I pulled over in the parking lot. While on my way to my office, I decided to check on Aliya. Not that I was expecting her to come today, after all she wasn't perfectly fine.

When I was finally at her office, I realized she hasn't come yet. Hence I called her while on my way to my office, and when she picked up we talked and talked until we were finally tired. She'd wanted coming but I told her not to. I told her to rest until tomorrow, and eventually she agreed. Perhaps I would be seeing her after work today, but this time around I wouldn't be sleeping over like yesterday.

While taking care of some shit in my office, Fawad's call bounced in. We greeted and he asked if Aliya had forgiven him. Sadly, I told him the truth that she didn't seem to want to talk about him anymore and he told me not to worry... that he would see what he could do about it. I also told him I would try my best, to make sure they are cool again. "Thank you so much, sir" He said seemingly happy.

"Don't mention" I said to him and then ended the call. I know you would be wondering what my gain would be if I settle them. I mean, you are probably wondering if settling them will earn me something or not.

Actually, it would earn me respect in Fawad's side and trust in Aliya's side. And that way, nobody would suspect me of crashing their relationship or whatever, if in the end I started courting Aliya.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• 

Every beginning has an end, scroll down to read chapter 35. We are just about to roundup this book for good.