Chapter 36 - Bilal

"So you mean you met your Aunt yesterday?" I glanced at Aliya as we both alighted from my car, we had just arrived at work. These days I was the one bringing her and taking her home.

"Yes, and according to the woman she's my mother's stepsister. She said a lot about my mother that I could remember but I don't really know if we are truly related" She said with a huff.

"Exactly my thought, it might even be a scam or what do you think?" I said remotely locking my car.

"I don't think it's a scam because she collected my contact and promised to contact me today or tomorrow. I should wait and hear from her first" She said as we began heading to the head office.

"Alright, just don't make any rash move please my love" I said laying emphasis on the last two words. This wasn't the first time I called her my love and wouldn't be the last, even though I hadn't propose to her yet. I had only confessed my feelings for her last week.

"I won't make any rash move, In Shaa Allah" She said more like an assurance.

"Alright dear" I acknowledged.

The people around were already used to seeing us together every working day, yet most of the staff would look at us each time like it was the first time. I believed sooner or later Rahina would know about it too, the fact that there were many gossipers in our midst. Jibril was a perfect example. He had once told me to wait for my doom.

Doom? What doom? I had laughed it off because I believed nothing bad would ever come my way except good, the fact that Rahina would never hurt my feelings. She loved me a lot and the company was both hers and mine, so what doom was Jibril talking about? His own doom or what?

Aliya and I went to our respective offices, did our work for the day before setting for home later on. And as usual, I dropped her at their house before driving to mine.

"Daddy, daddy!" Kamal welcomed me with his piercing voice and reckless hug again. "Daddy my chocolate pack has finished" He announced in his baby voice which I wouldn't waste my time mimicking like others used to do.

"Really?" I took him to my arm.

"Yes!" He said making me to beam at him.

"Okay don't worry I will get you new one, okay? Now where is your mum?" I asked him.

"She went out recently" His nanny chimed as she walked towards us with Kamal's sweater in her hand. She must have went to his room and brought it for him, albeit the weather seemed normal today. "Welcome back sir" She greeted me.

"Thank you, but did Rahina told you where she was going to?" I curiously asked the fact that she used to inform me about her whereabouts.

"No, she only said she would be back soon. She also said she left pizza for you on the bed in case you don't feel like eating the tuwo we cooked" She apprised gesturing to Kamal to come and wear his sweater.

"Hmm, alright then" I said handing the boy to her. "Thank you"

"You are welcome sir" She said as I headed upstairs with pizza in my mind.

Rahina had left quite many pieces for me, it seemed she only tasted it and left the rest for me. By the way, these days she was really into junks. And I didn't seem to understand how beautiful she was turning into, I just hoped all is well. I mulled over while eating the pizza. There was a can-coke nearby so I opened it and gulped a little before continuing with my pizza.

I ate to my fill and rested without even praying magrib and isha. Yes, I dozed off and when I woke up I found out it was quarter to 10pm. I also found Rahina sleeping on the other side of the bed with her back facing my direction. So odd, Rahina that loved being around me on the bed, loved engulfing me and loved being engulfed by me, why then did she isolated herself from me today?

Well, perhaps she wanted to be alone today. Everybody deserve such moment, I huffed withdrawing from the bed. Thus, I went to the bathroom, performed ablution, returned back to the room and prayed my missed prayers. After that I went back to bed and slept again. Of course in my own side of the bed, what were you thinking before?

The next morning I woke up and saw my breakfast on a table by the bed. I smiled and looked around for Rahina, what had gone into her this morning? I wondered heading to the bathroom. I brushed, performed ablution and went back to the room to pray my morning prayer. While on my prayer mat, she came in and headed to closet. Selected a set of cloth for me and kept them on the bed.

She also made sure my suitcase was on the bed as well, how perfect? Just as I was done with my azkar I folded my prayer mat and greeted her but she refused to reply me. She had only eyed me and asked me to eat my breakfast which I humbly did. The moment I finished, she took the tableware and headed out with them while I - on the other hand - headed to the bathroom to take my bath.

When I returned back, Rahina was on the bed seemingly waiting for me. She stood up, walked over to me and got me prepared. All that while her face was frowned, I wonder what was wrong with her. After getting me dressed for work she handed me my suitcase and told me to be safe, before returning back to the bed and folding her arms across her chest with her back leaned on the headboard.

I knew nothing was alright, I knew something must be wrong but I had no time to figure it out nor ask her about it. So I told her we would talk when I return back from work. And just as I was about leaving she uttered something that made me to pause. "I love you, Bilal" She said now wearing a sad face and not frowning her face anymore. I wish I could cuddle her but time wasn't by my side.

"I... I love you too, Rahina" I beamed at her and then left while wondering what exactly was wrong with her.

Hence I drove to Aliya's house, picked her up and drove to our head office. She was happy as always, and while gisting I escorted her to her office before taking off to mine.

As soon as I dropped my suitcase on the desk, settled in my chair and began going through my schedule for the day, someone knocked my door. "It's not lock, come in!" I said not minding who it was.

"Thank you sir" Said the person as he walked into my office. "Sir, your attention is needed in the conference room"

"Conference room?" I rose my head to the person, it was one of our security guards.

"Yes sir, and it's urgent!" He said making me to ponder the fact that I wasn't expecting any visitor nor was I having any board meeting.

Before I could ask him more about the call, he left slamming the door. That was weird! I stood up promptly and followed him to the conference room. Just then, I met the unexpected. It was Rahina's mother, Jibril, Khalil, and... Aliya??

"Surprised, right?" Rahina's mother said looking at me with so much hatred. "I know you would be surprised, but I am sure you know what exactly brought us here. You think we don't know what's going on between you and this girl, right?" She pointed at Aliya and continued. "Or you think we are stupid?"

"No ma, I can explain..."

"Explain what, you fool!" She thundered. "You have nothing to explain to us, Bilal. Taka ta kare yau (yours has finished today), you are either handing over your position to Jibril or firing this girl for good"

"What?!" I uttered in bewilderment.

"Yes... you heard me, Bilal! Or do you want me to make it worst for you? You are even lucky Rahina is blinded by the love she has for you if not, I had wanted separating you both yesterday. Plus the fact that she's carrying your second child..." She said as I quickly cut in.

"Second what? Child?" I puzzled.

"Yes, you didn't even know about it right? Well go and ask her!" She said making me to feel like the whole world was on top of my head.

The entire room became hell for me. Glares from her, glares from Khalil, and glares from Jibril. It was only Aliya that looked me pitifully, she also seemed confused.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Yay, chapter 36!

Sorry for the errs please ❤️