Chapter 38 - Bilal

After dropping Aliya in their house I decided to drive home to see Rahina. I ought to know the truth about her pregnancy, was her mother saying the truth or was she just fooling me? Well, whatever the case may be I would findout soon from Rahina. I believed Rahina would never ever lie to me!

Just as I was home, I discovered there was a new car in the parking lot. Whose car was it? I wondered. It was a new generation Mercedes Benz, and probably worth half a billion naira. I kept staring at it with lots of thoughts pacing my mind until a voice brought me back to my senses, it was the gardener. "Welcome back sir" He said. 

"Thank you!" I responded, and just as he was about helping me with my suitcase I told him not to worry. Thus I headed straight to the mansion and Salaamed in as usual. There was nobody in the living room today so I headed upstairs but unfortunately, nobody was there too. The whole rooms were empty. What was going on? I wondered returning downstairs. 

I was about to check the guests section for Rahina when she appeared through the way that led to the kitchen with a food bowl in her hands. She was with one of our maids and they were gisting and smiling until they saw me, the smile on Rahina's face vanished. They took what they had to the dining table and then she told the maid to go back and get the rest from the kitchen.

"Hey," I said walking over to her. "I am back" I huffed sitting on the table.

"Welcome back!" She coldly replied me. There was no need for me to ask her what was wrong the fact that I already knew everything, so I cleared my throat and asked her if she was really pregnant.

"Your mom told me you are pregnant, is it true or..." I said as she cut in.

"I thought you knew it already, just like in the case of Kamal" She said making me to heave a sigh.

Actually, when she was pregnant with Kamal she didn't tell me about it as well until I later discovered it myself. And by then, the pregnancy had already started protruding. Albeit she had her reason, she said she was shy to tell me.

"This case is different Rahina," I said glancing at her abdomen. "As you can see your belly is still flat. Who will ever know you are pregnant?"

"Okay I am pregnant, and it's 10 weeks!" She said turning off the A/C remotely.

I supposed to be happy she's carrying our second child right? Well I wasn't that happy, but I pretended to in order not to sound suspicious.

"Hmm" I smiled getting hold of her hand. "10 weeks?" I gently drew her closer to me. "That's... awesome!"

"Yeah!" She rolled her eyes.

"Hmm, angry or what?" I withdrew from the table to my feet. "Is it about..."

"Yes, about Aliya!" She cut in and continued. "You should have told me you love her, than making me to findout by myself"

"I am so sorry Rahina, it's just that..."

"Forget it, I don't need your explanation. I just don't like it when you hide things from me. I am your wife for God's sake and the mother of your children, Bilal!" She said looking deep into my eyes. "Why my love?"

"I am sorry baby, I am so sorry. In Shaa Allah I won't..." I said as she placed her lips on mine before gently pulling it away.

"Just don't try it again please, and about Aliya I need to talk to her" She said making me to puzzle.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I won't allow your relationship with her to continue without having talked to her" She replied.

"Okay but what do you want to talk to her about?" I curiously asked.

"A lot of things" She said averting from me. "Just don't worry, it's not something to worry about"

"Really?" I muttered.

"Yes! Now sit down let me set your table, I know you must be hungry" She said.

"Yeah, somehow" I said as she pulled a chair and made me sat in it.

After the lunch, I asked her about the new car I saw in the parking lot. "Whose is it?"

"You don't have to know" She said as we headed upstairs to our room. "The car is for someone, I ordered it from Uwaish Motors"

"How much? Half a billion?" I asked.

"Yes, somewhere around that range" She said climbing the bed. "Ain't you going back to work again?"

"I don't think so because your mother is there and..." I said as she cut in.

"Okay, go and take a shower and join me here. You need to rest, I am also about to do the same" She said stretching her hands as she yawned.

"Alright then" I hummed and did as she said.

While in the bathroom, I couldn't stop thinking about her. First of all she wasn't even angry about my relationship with Aliya, what made her angry was how I kept it a secret. Like seriously? I expected her to be as angry as her mother but... God, I hope she's not planning something terrible for me? I gulped and kept thinking until I was finally out of the bathroom. By then Rahina was already sleeping. Thus, something came into my head and I couldn't help but to stand still and stare at her as she snooze.

Believe you me, if you weren't told she was pregnant you would never know because her belly was flat. And that made me to imagine the power of Allah. Indeed He is Great, how He created us all from our own selves. That alone is enough to make the deaf to hear and the blind to see, please which of the favours of Allah can we deny? Absolutely none! May He always be exalted, Ameen.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Manage this chapter ❤️