Chapter 17 - Aliya

I couldn't argue with Fawad after seeing the key of one of our guest rooms with him, he might really be saying the truth about Hajiya permitting him to stay over but what trick did he used in convincing her? I wondered heading back to my room.

Well, it wouldn't hurt if he stays over or would it? I threw my phone on my bed and went straight to the bathroom to perform ablution for my missed prayers.

It actually isn't good to be missing prayers just like that but somehow I used to find pleasure doing that. May Allah forgive me, I would try and minimize such habit before death knocks my door but death? Would it notify me when it's coming? Perhaps I should just repent right now before it becomes too late, and same goes to everyone reading this. May Allah give us the chance to turn back to Him in time before we return back to Him, Ameen.

I stepped out of the bathroom after my ablution and took my hijab from the bed. The prayer mat wasn't far so I walked over to it and spread it before observing my prayers. People used to rush when praying but why the rush? Are they rushing to heaven or what? I usually take my time to pray unless if something big awaits me that can't just wait or be ignored. Prayer is one of the pillars of Islam and should be observed as observed by the messenger of Allah, peace be upon him.

After my prayers, I folded my mat and changed into a night gown before hopping onto the bed. I took my phone about turning 'on' my data when a call bounced in with a foreign number. Nobody need to tell me who it was, it was actually Hajiya. "Hello Aliya, it's me..." She said as I cut in.

"I know, I know..." I repeatedly uttered while beaming as if she was right in front of me, I was so happy you know?

"Hmm, good. This is my new number" She said and continued. "I am so sorry for not calling in time, we were busy sorting out some things with Alhaji that's why"

"No problem Hajiya, how is Alhaji and Anty Nadia? I hope you met them sound?" I asked.

"Yes they are fine, by the way how are you coping with Fawad?" She said lowering her voice, perhaps not wanting people to hear her over there. "I hope he's not acting stupid?"

"Not really, but why should you ask him to stay over? I thought you don't want us mingling with each other?" I uttered.

"Yes, but do I have any choice? His mother begged me to let him stay over, she said he would be much fine with you than alone in their house" She explained.

"Fine with me? How?" I queried.

"Just let him stay but please keep your distance and don't spend much time alone with him. Your hijab or veil should always be with you when he's around. I trust you that's why I granted his mother's request to let him in, I believe you won't let him try anything selfish. By the way, I told Balaraba to be fully alerted" She said and before I could speak she continued. "There is money in  my vault, the password is the year I found you. There is N650,000 inside plus some few changes I couldn't count before leaving. Manage it for now. Goodnight and take care please, okay?"

"Okay Hajiya, goodnight" I said.

"Alright my little one" She said and then ended the call.

Now I know why she allowed Fawad to stay, I knew she wouldn't just do that without a reason. By the way, that's a lot of money she kept for us in her vault and I bet we wouldn't finish quarter of it before she returns. We had a lot in our store, you know, and I believe we wouldn't be going shopping anytime soon.

May Allah bring them back safe and sound, Ameen.

******

The next day, just after eating breakfast I prepared for work. Fawad offered to drive me and I didn't protest, why should I even protest? After all I was tired of how men used to look at me whenever I was by the roadside searching for vehicle. Also, I was tired of how some of them used to pullover in front of me to offer me a ride to my destination – it was really annoying, they should just let me be!

"Let me open the door for you, ma cherie (my dear)" Fawad said as he rushed towards his car and pulled the door open for me. He really was funny the fact that he acted like a French chauffeur in France, although I hadn't seen one before but I do watch in TV how they used to do.

"Thanks" I said hopping into the car.

"The pleasure is mine, ma cherie (my dear)" He beamed as he shut the door off. Thus, he walked around to the other door and gently hopped in as well. "Bismillah... (In the name of Allah)" He said as he started the engine of the car. "Slowly or speedily?" He asked making me to wrinkle a brow at him.

"Like seriously?" I uttered.

"Yes, my lady" He widened his white teeth. What had really got into him? Did he took something today or what? I wondered.

"Just drive, mr man" I said rolling my eyes at him.

"As you wish, my lady" He said and quickly accelerated us out of the house. That was how he kept acting like a French chauffeur, but a crazy one, until we were finally at my workplace. "And here we are!" He pulled over. "Should I alight and open the door for you?" He asked making me to scoff at him. Like seriously? What kind of chauffeur would ask his boss such question? A nurse cum chauffeur I guess, LOL!

"No, thank you" I said as I alighted from the car and began heading towards our head office. Just then he called me back and reminded me about my bag, actually I had forgotten it in his car. What was I even thinking? "Oh, hmm" I smiled walking back to his car. 

"What were you thinking, my lady?" He asked.

"Trust me, I also asked myself the same question" I huffed as I pulled the car door open and took my bag. "See you later" I shut the door off about turning to leave when my eyes fell on Bilal from afar – staring at us.

"Okay, by what time should I come pick you up?" Fawad asked but guess what? My attention was far away from him. My attention was on Bilal, why was he staring at us? I asked myself. "Aliya, are you there?!" Fawad exclaimed pulling me out of my trance.

"Oh, sorry. Just come around 4pm dot!" I gulped.

"Alright, until then" He said smiling at me.

"Okay" I smiled back, turned and left him there by his car.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Juma'at Mubarak to you all, I hope you people are sound? May Allah heal our sick ones and protect our healthy ones... Ameen.

Chapter dedicated to zeeekadir

PS: She's also a writer here on Wattpad. You can check out her books too💖