Chapter 21 - Aliya

With Sufyan representing Bilal at work these days, rumors had been spreading about Bilal's health. Some said he might take some time to recover while some said he had already recovered but his wife was barring him from returning back to work, I didn't even know which of the stories to believe in.

And whenever I ask Fawad about Bilal he would tell me to go and check on him myself, how crazy of him to reply me such way? By the way I was really surprised how the two became friends overnight, albeit Fawad told me Bilal was the one that approached him but why would Bilal even do that?

Seriously, there must be something in his mind. Was he trying to gain my trust or what? Well, I should warn Fawad about him soon because it would be selfish of me to see someone I regarded as my junior brother being ruined by someone like Bilal. I shouldn't let that happen, not even in dream!

Today was Wednesday, work was less and as soon as it was time for home I took my bag and left. Don't expect me to talk about Fawad and his damn drive today because unfortunately he wouldn't be coming, he was busy at work you know?

"Hello, young lady!" A young guy in suit called out to me as soon as he pulled over in front of me. "Mind if I give you a ride?" He asked smiling at me. That was the story everyday, unless I didn't stand by the roadside. What do they even used to see in my body? I wish I was a chameleon so I could switch from beauty to beast whenever I wish to avoid drawing unnecessary attention to me.

But talking about switching to beast, how on this earth would I get suitors if I keep chasing men away from me? Was I even growing any younger? I doubt that, and the older I grow; the less attractive I would become. This is the best time for me to make things right, to start considering some of the men. Yes, not all of them though but few... before choosing the right one among them.

"Are you afraid of accepting my offer?" The suit guy asked pulling me out of my trance. "By the way I am a police officer" He continued. "ASP Salis, fresh from the academy. My uniform is in the back seat" He gestured making me to glance at the hanged outfit, it was the new generation police uniform. "Now can you trust me?" He asked. Well I didn't say anything to him, I only sighed and nodded my head which made him to beam at me. "Alright, get in please" He stretched his hand from his seat and opened the door for me, the front door actually which means I would be sitting right next to him. I wouldn't do that if he wasn't a police officer, and not just any police officer but someone with a decent face like him.

"Bismillah (in the name of Allah)" I said as I gently hopped into his car and shut the door off. Thus he asked about my destination and I promptly told him my area and house number. God, I hope I am not doing the wrong thing? I thought as I quickly began praying in my mind. Hajiya used to warn me about taking lifts from men, especially the ones I didn't know but here I was, seated in a stranger's car.

"Any problem?" He asked pulling me out of my trance.

"Problem? No!" I said composing myself.

"Sure?" 

"Yes, sure!"

******

It was a silent drive home, the young police officer didn't seem to be a talkative like Fawad. He also didn't seem to be so interested in me like I presumed, perhaps he was just trying to giving me a lift that's all. "Thank you sir" I said as soon as I alighted from his car.

"You are are welcome" He beamed again. And just as I was about shutting his door off he pulled out a card from his pocket and handed it to me. "Call me whenever you need lift, I will attend to you or send my boys to take you to wherever you want to go" He said making me to smile.

"Can your boys take me to France?" I teasingly asked making him to laugh out louder.

"No but I CAN do that, when it's the right time though" He said making me to wrinkle a brow at him because his words were confusing. "Go home and rest," He continued. "You look exhausted"

"Okay, thank you sir" I shut his door off, hence he drove away. He really was decent, didn't ask my name, contact, story or occupation, he only gave me his card to call him whenever I needed lift. I think he had something for me but wanted to know if I felt the same thing, how many guys would try out this trick today? Most of them would be scared to lose such a hot girl like me but it's good to give a girl your card after giving her a ride, and use the same trick that stranger used on me.

It makes more sense to me that way because you would easily get to know if I am interested in you or not. It's simple, I won't call you even in rain if I am not interested in you and if I am interested in you then you will turn out to be my personal ride. I hate it when men ask for my number, I prefer to get hold of your card so I could trash it if I don't like you. Albeit if I like you I can consider giving you my contact.

Balaraba humbly welcomed me the moment I stepped my foot in our living room, she was there – doing her work as usual. "Hungry?" She asked.

"Yes, but let me take a shower first" I replied.

"Alright" She uttered.

"Yeah" I huffed heading upstairs.

My room really looked ugly, when last did I even clean it? I wondered as I pulled my hijab off and threw it on my bed together with my bag. I was about heading to the closet when my phone began ringing. It was in my bag so I quickly pulled it out and glanced at the caller I.D thinking it was Hajiya but it wasn't really her, it was an unknown contact.

"Hello" I said after picking the call. "Who's this?" I curiously asked.

"It's me, Bilal" The person said making me to drop my jaw in puzzlement. "Thanks for not checking on me" He said and continued. "Regards to your boyfriend, Fawad!"

"My what?" I asked as he quickly ended the call making my heart to flip a bit. Did he just called Fawad my boyfriend?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Good Morning to you all 💖

I hope you've all been good?

New update coming soon, although Wattpad would be down on 6th of this month from 8am to 10am due to maintenance. It might delay our update.