Chapter 39 - Aliya

Ever since I met my maternal relatives few days ago, I felt so complete like someone reborn. I had never thought I would ever meet them, not even in dream but then God did His work and now I was already getting used to them. They were really loving and caring.

When they asked about my mother, I had told them she died long ago. They became sad, hence they told me more about her, how she met my father, and how she ran away with him just because she was told she would never be allowed to marry an Igbo man.

I was shown some of her pictures with the rest of the family, a very big album. My mother was very beautiful and chubby like me. I had to snap some of her pictures in the album using my phone, I wished to be going through them from time to time. I really missed her alot.

Everyday I would go to our family house to check on my relatives, I had told them about my life with Hajiya and they promised to come see her as soon as she returns. They said they owed her a sackful of thanks for adopting me and taking good care of me to this level.

And about BLD, I didn't set my foot in the company ever since I left but I had talked to Bilal few times on phone. I said few times because I didn't used to pick some of his calls the fact that I wanted him to spend more time with his wife than with me. Hopefully, he understood me so he didn't used to be angry or upset when I neglect his calls.

However, Fawad and I hadn't talk to each other. He was off my radar and I was off his. Whenever his thoughts bounced into my head, I would only think of him as a monster that almost took advantage of me. That story will never change, and I would never forgive him for it. At least not now.

While on my way home today from our family house, Balaraba called and told me I had a visitor. I asked who the person was but she said the person asked her not to reveal her identity. I tried to pusuade her to tell me but she refused so I angrily ended the call. If she wouldn't tell me, I would definitely findout when I reach home. But could it be Amirah — the General Manager?

I kept thinking until the cab I boarded dropped me in my destination, thus I paid him off and headed towards our gate. As soon as I was inside our house the first thing I saw was the seemingly brand new car that was parked in our compound. Whose is it? I asked myself while walking towards it. There was no plate number for me to justify, if not I actually knew Amirah's plate number.

So now that I knew it could hardly be Amirah's, that means she wasn't the one I should be expecting to see but who? I huffed and swiftly headed into our flat. Behold it was Rahina, Bilal's wife. That moment I didn't know when I started feeling headache. I gulped as she smiled at me with a glass of water in her hand. "Welcome my dear sister" She uttered.

And as puzzled as I was, I couldn't reply her. I only stood still with my heart beating vigorously. What was she doing in our house, and alone? I wondered as she stood from the couch she was sitting on and walked over to me making me to start panting. In almost every way, she was more than me except in weight.

"Surprised to see me huh?" She beamed.

"Ye... es, I am surprised" I managed to say as she quickly busted into laughter.

"You ought to!" She held my hand. "Come, let me show you something" She said and walked us both out to the compound. "Guess whose car is that?" She asked pointing at the car I talked about earlier.

"Yours, of course" I said as she shook her head.

"Nah, it's not mine. It's yours!" She said handing me the keys.

"Mine???" I puzzled.

"Yes, I bought it for you few days ago" She said insisting I must take the keys.

"No ma, I can't" I said rejecting it. I was so scared and confused, what was she even doing? I wondered.

"Come on Aliya, I am not going with it. All documents are in your name, so just take the keys" She said trying to force the keys into my hand but all I did was clenched my hand.

"Please ma, I am afraid. I can't take it" I said making her to sigh.

"Aliya do you even know why I bought you this car? It's because I want you to be safe" She said making me to give her a puzzled look.

"I don't understand ma" I said in what seemed like a whisper.

"Hmm," She bit her lip and continued. "As the girlfriend of a wealthy man like Bilal, your life is at risk and I don't want you to end up being harmed or kidnapped in a public vehicle" 

"Huh??" I gulped.

"Yes, so take the keys or I will drop it and go" She said but all I did was to stand still. "This girl, don't be silly" She said as she promptly held me and forced the keys into my hand. "You can ask Bilal to teach you how to drive, I am sure he will" She winked at me and then gave me a warm hug before she left by foot.

As soon as she left, I quickly dialed Bilal's contact and the moment he picked the call I narrated everything that had transpired between us to him. "I think we should end this relationship, I am scared of her" I added.

"What do you mean scared of her? You just said it yourself, she bought you a car and recommends me to be your Dr Driving. So why scared again?" He said making me to sigh.

"You won't understand Bilal, she acted weird that I couldn't understand her true feelings about our relationship" I said and continued before he could cut in. "Look Bilal, I just think we should end it please I beg you!"

"What nonsense are you saying? Do you even have feelings for me at all? Please stop all this nonsense, you know I can't live without you. I love you, Aliya" He muttered.

"I know you love me and I also have feelings for you too but please Bilal, just listen to me. Rahina needs you more than I do, and I really don't want to come inbetween you guys so please just be with her and forget about..." I was saying when he hissed and terminated the call.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Here is the update I promised you guys. Those saying my updates are short should stop please, they are the ones discouraging me 💔

Thanks for reading, please try and follow my profile if you are not. Thanks in advance. One love keep us together ❤️