𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐘

IT was currently september 28, 1998 in raccoon city. the fifteen year old laid in his bed as the sweltering heat of raccoon city overcame his room.

mikey's window was open wide, hoping that a cool breeze would come and delight him. his brown eyes were wide open as he stared at the ceiling above him. "i should probably check if dad's home." he mumbled, sitting up from his bed. the brunette headed straight towards the living room.

"dad? are you home?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at the odd silence filling the apartment. the apartment was quiet. too quiet. although mikey would usually appreciate the silence, he couldn't. if his father was home, he'd be making some kind of noise— which is something that mikey found oddly calming. mikey and his father weren't really on good terms. however, just knowing that his father was okay made him feel safe.

after his mother and eleanor's disappearance, mikey's been holding onto the only parental figure he has left. mikey's father used to be the kind man everyone knew and loved.

he was a known journalist in raccoon city and everyone respected him. heck, mikey even looked up to him. when mikey was younger, he wanted to be his dad. he was a hero to him. that all changed when his mother and eleanor died. mikey's father started drinking and started forgetting about mikey completely. mikey had to do some pretty fucked up things in order to survive. all mikey wanted was someone who would care for him. someone who would love him. sadly, he couldn't say that about his own father.

"he's probably out drinking." he sighed, running a hand through his wet brown hair. almost as if it were on cue, the front door of the apartment complex bursts open.

"michael?! michael?!" mikey turns his head to see his father with blood dripping from his shoulder. mikey quickly rushes over to his wounded father, placing his hand on it.

his father shrugs him away with his injured shoulder. "look, get dressed and take what you need. we need to get out of here." his father grunts, leaning against the wall.

mikey's eyes widened looking at the man's shoulder. it was almost as if someone or something had bitten his shoulder off.

"what the hell happened to your shoulder?" mikey asked with fear written in his eyes. his dad just groaned in pain.

"go get changed! now!" he yelled, causing mikey to jump up slightly. without any objections, mikey races to his room. he pulled on a white t-shirt and a red sweater. he then pulls on his gray sweatpants, his black vans and his red beanie. he grabs his bag and walks out of his bedroom.

"mikey, i need you to get out of here." the man spoke, grunting as he held onto his right shoulder with his left hand.

"what about you? you need a doctor." mikey shook his head, looking at his father as tears started to brim his eyes.

"go to the subway, okay?" he groans, swallowing dryly. "i'll meet you there."

"but—."

"michael, just go."

mikey frowns, walking towards the front door. he pauses for a minute to look back at his father. he then walks out the front door, never to see him again.

SORRY FOR THE SHIT CHAPTER. I'LL WRITE THE NEW CHAPTERS ONCE I GET HOME. ENJOY!

DATE PUBLISHED: 7/1/20
TIME PUBLISHED: 2:16 p.m.
WORD COUNT: 578