CHAPTER TWELVE

REUNITED,
CHAPTER TWELVE

JILL opened the door, resulting in the teenage boy to jump up in fear

JILL opened the door, resulting in the teenage boy to jump up in fear. "mikey." jill walks over to the teenager, pulling him into her arms. mikey wanted to protest against her but he couldn't. she was right. she didn't need to take care of him but she did it anyways because she loved him.

"jill, i'm sorry." he mumbled, nuzzling his head into her neck. "you were right. i should've listened to you but i didn't and—."

"mikey, i shouldn't have lashed out on you, i'll admit it." she pulls away from the hug, looking into his eyes. "but you have to realize that our lives are at stake and i'm trying to protect you. you going against me just makes it harder." she sighs, crossing her arms.

mikey nodded, looking down at the floor. "i was just hoping my father would still be alive. but he's not, so—." he plays with his fingers.

"i know and i'm sorry, mikey." jill sighs, rubbing his shoulder softly. "as much as i'd love to console you, we have to find carlos." she walks over the platform, pulling the lever.

"is he okay?" mikey asked with a worried tone in his voice. "he's not hurt is he?" he asked his voice with more worry in his voice.

"he's okay, don't worry." jill reassured, feeling the platform they were on go down. "once we find carlos we'll get the vaccine and then we're out of here." she started. "i promise you mikey, once we're out of here, i'm gonna make sure your life is so much better than it was before." she sighs. "you deserve so much better." jill frowns, gripping her handgun tightly. once the platform finished descending the two hopped off of it, stopping for a moment to look at their surroundings. there were a ton of trucks parked at the bottom of the facility.

before the two moved forward, jill reaches into one of her holsters, handing mikey a small handgun. "here, i found another one of these lying around." she hands mikey the handgun, placing it in his hands securely.

"thanks." mikey mumbled, holding the gun in his hand tightly. "only use it when something's in your way and if something's tries to hurt you." jill started. "to aim, look down the top of the gun." she informs, resulting mikey to nod slowly. he didn't understand why jill was teaching him how to shoot a gun, if he had already used one before. he shrugged it off as the two started to walk towards the truck area.

"how is it no one in the hospital ever noticed all this?" jill questioned in disbelief. mikey said nothing, walking with the brunette. thoughts about his father rummaged through his mind. he could still be alive. he didn't have the best relationship with his dad, however, he couldn't but feel sick thinking about him being eradicated by the nuclear blast.