CHAPTER SEVEN

ADELA,
CHAPTER SEVEN

MIKEY watched as the train moved in a fast pace, making it's occasional stops

MIKEY watched as the train moved in a fast pace, making it's occasional stops. "so, are you gonna tell me?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at the dirty brunette.

"tell you what, exactly?" jill questioned, narrowing her eyes at the teenager slightly.

"if you were ever in a relationship before?" he reminded with jill closing her eyes at his words.

"i don't like to talk about it." she started with a small frown. "but, since i trust you, i'll tell you." jill answered in a nervous tone. mikey gets comfortable, looking at the girl.

"the day before i went to that mansion, i decided that instead of staying alone that night, i would hang out with my best friend— well, my ex best friend adela." jill started, with a soft smile growing on her face. "we spent the whole night doing whatever normal people do during sleepovers. i don't remember what she was telling me but i kissed her. after that, i treated her like shit. and now she doesn't want anything to do with me. i don't blame her." she admitted with a shaky breath, her heart breaking thinking about adela. mikey shook his head in confusion.

"adela's a girl name though.." mikey said in a soft tone. jill said nothing, looking away from the boy. it took mikey a while before his eyes widened. "o-oh, so you're—."

"i don't know what i am, mikey." jill interrupted. "all i know is that when i'm with adela, i feel safe. like, she protects me whenever i'm with her." she explains.

"what about carlos?" mikey asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "i thought you liked him." he raises an eyebrow.

"like i said, it's complicated." jill sighs, looking down at her lap. mikey grabs jill's hand, squeezing tightly.

"i support you no matter what happens, jill." mikey started. "i don't care if you like girls or if you like boys. you're still my best friend and i'm happy that i have you." jill pulls the teenager into a tight hug. "thank you." she whispered. mikey hugged her back, pulling away after a little bit.

"you should probably get some rest." jill cooed. "i'll wake you up when we're there, alright?" mikey didn't protest against the girl. she wraps her arm around his shoulder, feeling mikey lean against her. mikey closes his eyes, drifting off into a deep sleep, feeling safe within jill's arms.

"you don't really think a pencil polisher like brad is still alive, do you?" nicholai asked, walking with the man towards the other end of the train.

"i have it in good authority." mikhail responded, having a seat with nicholai standing over him. he grunts softly, holding onto his side in pain and agony. "why? are you worried about teammates or something else?" he questioned in a suspicious tone. jill looks over at the two, eavesdropping on the men's conversation.

"funny how brainless zombies can ambush a platoon like that. funny the gate was locked." mikhail glances up at the man with anger in his eyes. "don't you think?" nikolai gives the man a small smirk, letting out a low chuckle.

all of a sudden, there were screams coming from the other train car and there was fire in there as well. mikey jolts up, looking at jill with fear written all over his face.

"what was that?" jill questioned, walking towards the two men with mikey trailing behind her. there it was again. the tall, buffed creature standing there in the middle of all those dead bodies.

"how is this fucker not dead yet?" she growls, starting to charge towards the monster. mikey and mikhail hold the young woman back.

"jill, no. they're gone, come this way." mikhail spoke softly, leading both mikey and jill to the exit. the two reach the door, only for nikolai to block the door.

"dude, open the door this isn't funny." mikey exclaims, trying to his best to pull the door open. jill gives the man a look of disbelief.

"nicholai, what're you doing?" jill asked with a look of fear and anger written on her face.

he let's out a low chuckle. "it's not after me." he smirks, winking at the girl as he walked off to safety. jill kicked the door, angrily.

"nicholai!" she pounded, watching the man leave. "mikey, try finding a way out of here, okay?" jill ordered. mikey nods, obeying jill's order. "on it." he answered, trying to find a way out.

mikhail shoots at the monster located at the end of the train. the deadly creature uses it's tentacle to pull mikhail into him. him and the monster had a stare off before he took the remote to his c4 out.

"get off my train, shitbird." he flips the switch, causing mikey and jill to go flying. the duo hits their heads on the wall, only for everything to go dark.

THIS was a very short chapter because i kinda just wanted to show the train scene (a.k.a. just one of my favorite scenes in the whole remake)

so, i think mikey accepting jill was very wholesome and it just shows how much he loves her 🥺💗

also, adela might make an appearance at the end of this book. just sayin' 😳🤚🏼

DATE PUBLISHED: 7/21/20
TIME PUBLISHED: 6:04 p.m.
WORD COUNT: 889